Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What to do with triplets?  (Read 4727 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: What to do with triplets?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 05:05:47 pm »
"Me", I understand that you are a 'proper farmer' too, so you will also not include labour costs nor other fixed costs in working out the profitability of any project. 

If you had to pay someone to look after your mollies, or pay rent for a shed for them, well then yes maybe it would be a different equation.

You've still got room for a fair few costs if you're getting £70+ for them, mind.  ;)

Yes I can work out the costs, and I will.  But not until after lambing.  Remind me in June. :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: What to do with triplets?
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 05:27:09 pm »
Ok will do, just cost it for you, roughly, if you don't rent don't put in rent!

I rent some land so that does go in to my sheepy calculations, economics bite very quickly when your sheep need to pay landlords and leave something for you. I have some land and buildings etc but they do cost to maintain and depreciate over time and mathematical brains far greater than mine could take account of this to the penny no doubt.

I haven't costed my pets as I think it would probably scare Me and I plan to rear them regardless, we synchronise as far as possible so cross foster a lot and end up with very few thankfully so unlikely to bankrupt us but still. A grand total of four this time two courtesy of the first ewe to lamb with triplets and no udder... kebab anyone?

Described as a 'proper farmer' hmmmm... that hasn't happened before.. one to add to the list..

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS