Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Byres  (Read 2267 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Byres
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:33:41 am »
it seems most of the crofts we have considered don't have any byres suitable for cattle yet they are in a location where cattle need to be in over winter.
does anyone know how amenable the CC are in allowing new byres to be built, and built quickly?

Hamish Crofter

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Isle of Skye
Re: Byres
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:21:30 pm »
The CC don't have any input over these types of issues. You just apply to the local council planning department under permitted development rights as the building is for agricultural purposes. You would also qualify for a CCAGS grant for a building like this.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:27:03 pm »
that sounds optimistic, thankyou

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 09:52:38 pm »
does permitted agricultural development have to be on land over 12 acres?? I was thinking it was.
if a croft was say, 10 acres, would that be ineligible for permitted development? would a share in hill grazing a mile away solve that red tape issue?
thanks

Hamish Crofter

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Isle of Skye
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 06:26:25 pm »
I'm not sure if there is a minimum ground amount. I don't think there is as permitted development applies to ordinary houses as well although obviously there is a lot more detail to the whols subject of permitted development.
I submitted plans for two large agri buildings under permitted development and after 28 days if the council haven't told you there is a problem you can build them.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS