Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: !!!WARNING TO ALL SMALLHOLDERS!!  (Read 9747 times)

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
Re: !!!WARNING TO ALL SMALLHOLDERS!!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 09:21:45 pm »
Sorry to hear that Cameron. I think you should report it to the police despite your neighbour having told them.
JD 

sandy

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 09:25:19 am »
Only just read this post, so sorry for you, I know I would want some sort of revenge >:( but I agree that you should report it to the police as if only one nieghbour has reported it it will only be recorded as one incedent and the culprits, if found, will look like they have only caused arsen once. Often people do not report crimes, I do understand but the incident is a very seriouse crime and the culprits need stopping ASAP before they kill!!!  I would also suspect someone must have noticed people acting suspiciously around the sheds. My best wishes for you and hope the arsonists get caught.......Oh, buy the way, I used to Foster young people andonce had 2 teenage girls that were convicted arsonists, I only found out when they left!!!

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 11:12:25 am »
God knows if anyone will be found, we did not report it but the farm down the road did as they lost a tractor, they mentioned us and our losses but they haven't been up yet, all i can do is hope

how do you expect the police to catch them if you have not reported it. firebugs tend to get worse they will end up killing people if not stopped. you must report it even to just claim for a ne coop and stock.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 03:59:08 pm »
I would also suggest reporting the incident too. I heard on the radio yesterday that a pigeon loft in Midlothian had been set on fire, losing 75 to 80 birds worth approx £15k. I wouldn't like to think there may be more instances the same.

Beth

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 07:39:18 pm »
The police were up today, and they have taken statements, the total value of everything lost we worked pout5 at about £100, about £70 for the hut including fittings (feeder,drinkeretc) and £30 for the hens,

all we honestly can  do is wait,
 when i think back to the start of the year on the farm there were incidents were gates were constantly being left open, and stock all over the place, This was mentioned to the police, and they took the car colour and make,

Thanks to everyone who has replied,

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 08:37:04 pm »
i agree with all comments but ime always amazed at what people have outside and with all the time and money they put into their animals, poultry, horses etc THEY DONT SPEND £100 ON A CCTV CAMERA, ive got one it costs £80 its the size of a home cordless phone, its motion activaited, night vision and records onto its own sim card and is mains or 12v, google LOOKER GV6200 MOTION DETETCED RECORDER.....look for a co.uk supplier about £80-£90..MANY USES i got it cause i was walking up during the night gasping for breath couldnt breath in, wanted to take the pics to the doctors, someone else got one to detect ghosts, :-\ :-\ you could even use a web cam and record / view it remotely....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:42:02 pm by harry »

sandy

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 08:50:40 pm »
i could do with one of them, are they easy to install? WHere I would want one the plug socet for electric supply is a bit far away, I shall take a look anyway, would love to see the house and people wandering around in the night, may see spoookkkks!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 09:03:48 pm »
Yes, dead easy to install. Might need a ladder though, depending where you want to put it!
Get a good quality, high memory card.  We have several, as we get probs with people coming over the wall sometimes, trying the doors, and I want it ready for spying on the pigs at farrowing time!
Little Blue

sandy

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 09:19:33 pm »
We have  B&B and we have caught guests smuggleing people in, also just in case we have other people roaming around as we are a long way from the front door and with my Tintinitus, carn't hear the bell.

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 09:33:58 pm »
insallation.............. these are free standing but need power, you could put them on your window cill indoors or in a bird box nailed to a tree, have a look round the area you want to cover, NO MAINS use a 12v battery and a unversal car adaptor (ebay)....you dont need a high memory card mine are 1 and 2gb as the camera records over and over untill something happens and you take it out to view it...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 09:39:29 pm by harry »

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 09:35:42 pm »
and with my Tintinitus, carn't hear the bell.
Thats a new one on me... does the ringing in your ears keep repeating then?!
tinitus just once must be bad enough

(sorry shouldnt mock, it must be really annoying for you)
Little Blue

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 09:43:55 pm »
remember these are motion activiated so a 1-2gb card is ok as it records over and over untill something happens and you take it out to view it.

sandy

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 09:53:33 pm »
 ;D Must have only one tin then as its only in one ear!!! just listening to Steve chatting to one of our guests who is sitting next to him and he keeps asking him to repeat what he say's yet I can hear him perfectly,,,,the funny thing they were chatting about a college that has loads of women and the guests said "any port in a storm" steve keeps saying Aye!!!! and he had to explain what it ment ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS