Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Two free hens for rehoming, we will delivery - London or nearby  (Read 987 times)

jennym

• Joined Mar 2014
Hello all,

I own 2 hybrid hens (1 gingernut ranger and 1 bluebelle) but need to find a good home for them as we have moved to Germany.  They are being cared for by a friend at the moment but it is a temporary arrangement.  I'm afraid they are a bit old for laying hens at 3, so they have slowed down a lot in terms of egg production and it's irregular.  I think they laid about 4 this week (had none at all for a few days) and around 9 or 10 the week before, and given their age I can't guarantee how much they'll lay or for how long they will continue.  So really we're looking for a knowledgeable 'retirement home' rather than someone interested in serious egg production.  I've no idea if this would interest any of you proper farmer/smallholder types but I thought I'd ask!  We're happy to throw in a few bags of layers pellets towards upkeep.

The hens are currently in north-west London and we are in the UK once a month or so, so we could deliver when we're there.  We'd be willing to drive a reasonable distance to get them good home.

Thanks for reading!

Jen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS