Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: trail cameras  (Read 2055 times)

nicandem

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Berkeley, Glos
trail cameras
« on: February 23, 2014, 08:45:58 am »

Hello,
looking at getting a trail camera to use mainly to see what visits us at night

(wildlife rather than gippos and ne'er do wells
:innocent:

)

anyone here used them or have knowledge so coiuld recommend which one to go for?

thanks

nic

90driver

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Independent Land Rover Specialst
Re: trail cameras
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 02:54:43 pm »
Hello. .. I have got 2 of them and I use them primarily to keep an eye out for pikeys ( if that term offends... tough) .  They sit out in all weathers and do the job reliably. They are different makes and both came from ebay. The first one is a 12mp with leds that give away the position of the camera when triggered. It also has PIR sensors that can sense things moving in from the side too. This gives a more reliable trigger.  The second on is a higher spec ie it has HD video and possible 15mp. It also has "black leds" which means it is totally covert.  But it is rather limited when sensing as it only has a straigh ahead PIR. I have used them when camping to see the wild life out side the tent and caught a fox stealing boots ! I have used them as in tended and caught deer on the lawn and all sorts of wild life. And of course it captures the local low lifes coming for a look round. I can't tell you what makes they are as I no longer have the boxes. But the first one has been outside for 3 years in all weathers and is only just starting to play up. If I had put it on some kind of shelter I am sure it would of lasted longer.

Sasha

• Joined Dec 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:41:41 pm »
I've got one and the night-vision on it is rubbish.  All I get is a set of eyes (spooky really) unless it's a really bright moon or I've got a torch pointing near it. :(

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 03:36:23 pm »
http://www.ijtdirect   do a Swan outback cam £69.95 day and night vision  , 30mtr range.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS