Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted - Billy Goat  (Read 3449 times)

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
Wanted - Billy Goat
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:44:22 pm »
My golden guernsey billy goat has died leaving my 4 girls without a boyfriend.

Does anyone have one for sale or rent??

Breed not important!!

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
Re: Wanted - Billy Goat
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 09:26:16 pm »
Is that a no??

cameldairy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Cairo, GA U.S.A.
  • South Georgia, U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 09:31:35 pm »
If you were close to me I would GIVE you your choice of the three I have extra! :goat: :goat: :goat:
1 wonderful husband, his 200 beehives,13 chickens, 8 camels, 4 zebra, 21goats,  2 pigs, 4 dogs, 1 horse, 2 ponies, 1 donkey and 1 capybara.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 09:44:25 pm »
I don't suppose you are anywhere near Derbyshire, or I would happily loan you one of my two billies.  I have an attractive British Alpine, and a smaller black and white one, unsure of his breed, but he is probably an ideal size for a golden guernsey - built like a tank.  Have a nice kid he bred earlier this year, which is the one on my goat pic thread.

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 09:49:26 pm »
Thanks ladies, but I'd prefer one in Scotland. Anywhere in Scotland really, but I need one!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 09:55:22 pm »
I was going to say there must be one near you ......but, when I was looking to mate my two nannies, hardly anyone by me keeps a goat, let alone a billy.  Then I found a nice British Sannan and got two lovely kids.  When I rang to take my nanny, the billy had sadly passed away.  I did find a British Alpine not too far away, but no other billy within a reasonable area for travelling.

Thats the main reason I got my own billy.

Hope you find one near you.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 12:56:17 am »
Thanks ladies, but I'd prefer one in Scotland. Anywhere in Scotland really, but I need one!!
James got a couple of boys from Beth (BAlingall) you could ask her if she knows of any - she and her Mum have been breeding and showing goats a long time so have a lot of contacts.  She might not see this till Wednesday as we all have agility on a Tuesday.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 01:16:01 am »
I have a billy goat! However, a) I need to use him, b) I have someone else who also needs to borrow him, and c) he is CAE negative tested, and should only mate females that are also CAE negative tested- I'm not sure if yours are or not Ukag?

Whereabouts are you? I may be able to get you a few contact numbers- I know someone up Aberfeldy way who doesn't CAE test, and also someone at Bridge of Earn, though I don't know of the top of my head if they would have a spare male, they may have one that you might be alse to borrow for a short spell.

Beth

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 06:08:26 am »
Thanks beth

I'm in argyll but can go pick the billy up. I haven't even seen any sales including billies.

Keep me in mind if one crossesyour path.
Lee

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS