Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: icecream advice please!  (Read 3082 times)

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
icecream advice please!
« on: May 02, 2014, 11:32:30 am »
Got my own lovely Jersey milk and cream now  :excited:

have always made my own icecream, no machine, no cook.  2 egg whites, 2 yolks, caster sugar, 1/2 pint double cream. basically all mixed up together in a certain order then bunged in the freezer!!  Seriously yummy!

I reckon my milk will be almost as good as shop bought double cream!! Recipes please ladies for any easy, no cook (i really dont mind eating raw egg) no icecream machine icecream with home milked fresh jersey milk and cream.  Thank you!!!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: icecream advice please!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:45:26 pm »
well i object to being called a lady but...

why no cook?

the best icecreams i make are all cooked ones its fairly easy to do doesn't take long and the consistency of the finished product is much richer...

with the summer fruit season just starting i'd do a traditional vanilla (with real vanilla pods) and when i was on the final mix in the freezer id swirl some raspberry coulis through it for home made raspberry ripple (one of my favourites)

another month or 2 and real strawberry icecream is also easy...

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 01:54:31 pm »
i use this way of making it, which uses hot sugar syrup so no cooking/scrambling the eggs. very adaptable in changing flavours
.http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/superrichchocolateic_14295

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 02:29:45 pm »
 :innocent: my apologies to all the icecream making gentlemen on here!!  Your recipies would be gratefully received!!

No cook recipies just because i have so little time!!  But will have a go at a cooked one!!   :eyelashes:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 05:53:35 pm »
if you do curdle the eggs, you can strain it through a colinder.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 09:54:40 pm »
Ice cream mix is like making custard its the same method. Also a lot of people add butter to their ice cream to give a richer flavour and texture. My father used to make ice cream for a good many years from buffalo milk and developed his own recipe for it, sadly I haven't had the talent to follow in his footsteps.
Hope this helps
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS