Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: linkage arms stuck  (Read 1999 times)

JEP

• Joined Oct 2011
linkage arms stuck
« on: March 16, 2014, 03:05:41 pm »
hi I have just replaced the rear oil in my john Deere 3130 the everything Is working normally apart from the linkage arms as they are stuck in the raise position. is there a way I can release them or what is the problem caused. any suggestions on how to get them back working

many thanks john

tweedy hill

• Joined Jul 2013
Re: linkage arms stuck
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 08:26:44 am »
Do not know anything about John Deere tractors but it is probably an air lock in the system. I have an old ford tractor which has a dump lever. Now and then the arms do not lower but if I turn the lever it restores normal operation, Deere tractor may have a similar lever. I would attach something to the external hydraulic connection to see if the oil is flowing indicating the pump is working. Also leave the tractor running with the normal lever in the lift position that might clear it.

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 08:36:20 am »
Thats a good idea, if they were working normally before its unlikely a fault has suddenly developed.  Connect to a tipping trailer and attempt to raise, will get oil going through different circuits and have a chance of clearing air.

Let us know how you get on !

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 08:13:13 pm »
Arms generally do not require hydraulic pump pressure to lower, they come down under gravity. I am not familiar with Deeres but I cannot see them being much different? If they worked before you did the seal then it is most likely that you have disturbed something with control operation or there is a lift lock that holds the arms up without hydraulic pressure.
A man who cannot till the soil cannot till his own soul !
A son of the soil .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS