Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: East of England Show  (Read 2530 times)

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
East of England Show
« on: September 25, 2009, 11:14:24 am »
Has anyone been to the East of England before?  It is on Sunday 11th October at Peterborough.  We are travelling from Coventry.  Worth the trip?  There is an auction of chickens, may get three girls for Blackie to look after.  Any thoughts?
Ros ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: East of England Show
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 04:28:23 pm »
I went years ago when they had the dog show with it - it was pretty good then, but that was 25 years ago
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 08:31:50 pm »
They have a goat show there as well, I did think of going down to watch the show this year. But I think it's just too far away. Its supposed to be a good show, hundreds of poultry. I was told there was even rheas there for sale last year. Lots to look at apparently.

Beth

chickenfeed

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 07:34:54 am »
 :)hi yes the autumn eoe show is great its much bigger now it has goats, pigs, a rare breed section, terrier racing, horses as well as dogs.
then there are the rats, rabbits etc. but the poultry are sold by sales now rather than an auction the poultry auction has not happened for many years now. yes the rheas, turkeys and geese are usually there, dont get too excited though the poultry prices are high very high but its nice to look, trouble is i cant look i tend to buy eighty pounds for a trio of modern game ouch.
i live just a few miles from the show and as my mum is a steward there and one of the founders behind the show i would be in BIG TROUBLE if i did not go ( after feeding and watering all the livestock not at the show)

sandy

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:38 pm »
used to love the shows and went as a young girl with my bestest friend who had a poultry farm, little did I know then that I would get chickens......could  happily wounder around the show and just look!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS