Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hoof trimming  (Read 996 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Hoof trimming
« on: March 07, 2014, 12:08:57 am »
I know this is about goats but it's so funny that it's worth sharing. As I can't manage to trim the goats' hooves any more, a friend came round to help together with my OH. I supervised. We did it inside as it was so cold out and all was going relatively well: one goat done and the other with her front hooves done. Friend was sitting on the milking bench with Pom's back end towards her ready to do the back hooves when Pom did what goats do best - straight down friend's front. I laughed so much I nearly fell off my stool. :roflanim:

I think it must be this particular friend as a few years ago we were doing hooves and she was helping to hold her. Pom usually prefers to lie down and friend was lying across her back end with her nose about six inches about Pom. Naturally, Pom chose that moment to poo. Friend's face went purple and I couldn't hold the shears for laughing.

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
Re: Hoof trimming
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 04:53:53 pm »
Norty  :goat: but  :roflanim: :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS