Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Last years lamb - watery belly?  (Read 3323 times)

Fishyhaddock

• Joined Apr 2009
  • aberdeenshire
Last years lamb - watery belly?
« on: March 02, 2014, 12:04:02 pm »
Hello, just checking last years lambs this morning (hep p ect) and one has lots of scouring around his nether regions. When we turned him over there was lots of sloshing sound from his belly which appeared to be a bit bloated. Any ideas? No obvious signs of anything wrong bar scouring so have drenched again. :thinking:
I am sure someone out there can recommend next course of action / give us a clue as to the problem.
Thanks so much. Fishy.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Re: Last years lamb - watery belly?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:48:17 pm »
What have you drenched with?
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Fishyhaddock

• Joined Apr 2009
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 08:00:45 pm »
Hi
Combined worm and fluke.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 08:01:39 pm »
He couldn't have stones in his urethra, causing his bladder to not empty, could he?  More likely if he's been eating a cake not specifically for males, and/or been eating dry forage, possibly without drinking adequate water.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 09:53:21 pm »
I Posted this last year.  http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=32332.0 The ewe went on to a full recovery although due to the horrendous changeable weather i kept her in  for some time. She didn't have a lamb i'm not sure if she slipped it early on or if there was an underlying health issue but shes fine now I don't know if the sloshy belly is the same as with your lamb. 
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS