Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone got a live webcam?  (Read 2843 times)

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
Anyone got a live webcam?
« on: February 22, 2014, 04:30:20 pm »
Somewhere on here I have seen a live link to the sheep shed. Anyone know how to link this to a webpage?

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: Anyone got a live webcam?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 05:36:56 pm »
We have cctv in both of ours - I wouldn't want the general public watching me swearing!!

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 06:44:49 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim:  I never thought of that!

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 07:42:36 pm »
We did have a camera fixed watching the swallows' nest.  It was terribly complicated (some cheap foreign thing from C***a via fleabay) and I never managed to send on the link.  But I would like to get it set up again for lambing. :excited:

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 07:55:27 pm »
We've got it working from the shed to pc and iPad but wanted to link to our website so people could see some live action. Going to try and get it working outside in time for next phase of lambing.

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 07:08:27 pm »
When you say you have it working from shed to pc, how far away is shed from your house and is pc in the house?  Is this wireless?  Only asking as I want to set up cctv at my stables which is about 120 metres from my house, got elec at stables but dont want to run a wire from stables to house.  thanks, sorry to go off topic!!

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 07:50:38 pm »
It's only about 25m away but should work further. Depends on your camera type plus my partner is into telecoms and he has it plugged into something called a TP link. It's like 2 plugs and I think boosts the internet connection to the new location.

This must make the difference as I tried to do it wirelessly last year and signal strength wasn't good enough to reach. Just plug camera into TP socket and then into plug and away you go.

EP90

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Ireland
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 04:53:41 pm »
Trish,
All you need is line of sight from stables to house and can be up to 3 Km away, Google calving cameras to find a supplier but sit down for the price!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS