Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Haddington Spinners & Weavers Open Day, Saturday 1st March.  (Read 2898 times)

Spinningfishwife

• Joined Oct 2013
Haddington Spinners & Weavers Open Day, Saturday 1st March.
« on: February 23, 2014, 02:34:29 pm »
Haddington Spinners & Weavers are having an Open Day on Saturday 1st March at the Poldrate Mill in Haddington. 10am - 4pm. 

There will be demonstrations of spindle and wheel spinning, mini workshops for beginners on spindle spinning and knitting, experienced people on hand to answer any questions you may have on spinning, weaving, fleece production and fleece processing for craft use, and help available to set up your spinning wheel for use, if you bring it along. There will also be a knitting and spinning and chatting social area, just bring your knitting etc along and join in.

There will be the For Sale table, in the past we've had spinning wheels and other equipment, fleeces, knitted items, home made jam, handspun yarn and eggs for sale. 

http://www.scottishfibres.co.uk/ will be there with spinning and weaving supplies, also a huge range of craft books and fibres. They also provide a wheel repair service for more complex problems.

Entry is free. Tea/coffee/home baking is provided, donations for these are what pay for the venue hire so please be generous!

The Poldrate Mill is at the Elizabeth Hamilton Buildings, Poldrate, Haddington, East Lothian. EH41 4DA. Which is not that far from St Abbs and the event below btw, you could easily do both in the same day. :)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Haddington Spinners & Weavers Open Day, Saturday 1st March.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:00:30 pm »
Great - something within easy reach of me  :thumbsup:  I'll try to get there and bring an inkle loom for sale.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:48:24 pm by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 06:27:10 pm »
spinningfishwife, you are not far from me. I live just 4 miles from Haddington. :wave:
Author of Choosing and Keeping Pigs and Pigs for the Freezer, A Smallholders Guide

www.porkyquines.co.uk
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/linda-mcdonald-brown/23/ab6/4a7/

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 08:46:07 pm »
St Abbs is on my doorstep and not far from Haddington either would love to go to both but would you believe it it's one of my only two days work this month.
Anne

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:22:08 pm »
ooohhh 2 events in one day..... spoilt for choice.  I think however it will just be St abbs for me, as I am also working  :)

Spinningfishwife

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 01:22:07 pm »
Bumpity-bump. Open Day tomorrow. :)

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 12:16:19 pm »
Won't be able to make it :-( PhD is being evil

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS