Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: lambing course  (Read 2500 times)

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
lambing course
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:06:27 am »
I am running a lambing course if anyone's interested. 

Saturday 1st March, Central Perthshire, on farm £5

Small group sessions of 4-6. 1-1/2 hours. A rapid refresher covering ewe management in the last 6 weeks before lambing,;setting up lambing shed & supplies; normal lambing, when to intervene; assisting at lambing including practise at correcting malpresentations & using a head snare; ewe & lamb aftercare; treatment of common problems eg prolapses, metabolic, lamb revival, stomach tubing, intraperitoneal injections

For more info tinathevet@gmail.com   07889044169

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
Re: lambing course
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 09:25:01 am »
Lucky folk in Perthshire :D .  Down here a similar course would be about £50 :-\ .  I hope you have a good take-up on your offer.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 09:31:17 am »
I could show you all that for free... might take a bit longer though.. and you would have to stay in the caravan nr the lambing shed for the next three weeks!

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 09:46:58 am »
I think you are under selling yourself. I'm sure you should charge £10 and hour min.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 09:52:52 am »
I agree. Even a our local vets with subsidy cost £30. However nothing beats hands on during actual lambing. A dead lamb in a box has a completely different feel to a warm, slippery, moving lamb plus the added numbness that follows when you are stuck for room to manipulate and cervix puts pressure on your wrist!

MarvinH

• Joined Oct 2011
  • England
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 10:55:26 am »
Someones happy to help others for a nominal £5 so why is everyone trying to put the price up, thus possibly ruling out some takers???????????
Sheep

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 11:00:32 am »
A quick reminder of forum etiquette - please don't critique other members' posts, especially when they are making an offer like this. The original offer is now almost lost in the discussion.

If you have a question about the course, or want to clarify, that's fine, post it here. If you want to offer advice or criticism to the OP (original poster) please PM them or start a new thread, for example on the cost of courses.

And Me, please start a new thread for your new (albeit related) topic. You'll get a much better read rate, and won't have hijacked this thread.

Thanks all.

Dan

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 11:12:59 am »
Apologies. Me

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS