Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Caprivite?  (Read 5052 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Caprivite?
« on: February 09, 2014, 01:27:02 pm »
Hi  :goat: :farmer:  (goat-people!)

Have a  simple question about Caprivite - where do you get it from, and how much do you pay?

Either of my two local feedstores will, I guess, get it "in for me" but if I have an idea of price, and can compare this to an online source...

thanks
 :)
Little Blue

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Caprivite?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 02:49:39 pm »
I now order mine directly from Goat nutrition. (just google gnlt or goat nutrition) They have all different sizes too. My merchant could only get me one size and now not even that anymore.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 03:02:29 pm »
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 04:28:32 pm »
There was someone selling it on ebay and i think it was goat nutrition.   I got lucky at countrywide with a tub of dairy goat/cow adam hensons vitamin mix and it had higher levels of cobalt etc in it that CV. it was in the sale and about £7 (worth a lot more)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 04:47:18 pm »
I googled 'battles' (wholesalers) and 'caprivite', got the ref number for the size I wanted then put my postcode in and it gave a list of local outlets, (sounds complicated but was easy) I actually get a horsey shop (Moody Mares, Mytholmroyd) to order it for me along with their delivery, saves postage and I know the delivery day. local Agrimerchants can't be bothered.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 05:04:34 pm »
We get ours from the Feed Warehouse in Durham (they used to show Anglos and Pygmys) I think the last one we bought was around £13 for a bucket
Graham

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 11:48:05 pm »
The GN people are very helpful if you get it direct though. My last tub was damaged - split right down the side, so I emailed that evening. Had an immediate response and apology. It was obviously the carrier's fault. It looked like the box had been stood on as the plastic bag and the cardboard box inside were both damaged as well. They asked for a photo to show the carriers and for me to hold onto it for a while and said a new tub was on its way. It arrived two days later. I kept the first tub until they were happy that the couriers wouldn't want to see it then, at their suggestion, salvaged what I could. I ended up with nearly a whole tubsworth. Luckily I still had the empty one.

I can't fault them for service.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 08:35:32 pm »
:thumbsup:
thanks all :)
Little Blue

amesy

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 10:25:32 pm »
I got it from here! Cheapest for a small tub...p&p doubled the price...but it was the cheapest overall price I could find. Ascott Smallholding Supplies are also very good but they didn't have the size I wanted in stock.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 06:44:53 am »
I got it from here! Cheapest for a small tub...p&p doubled the price...but it was the cheapest overall price I could find. Ascott Smallholding Supplies are also very good but they didn't have the size I wanted in stock.

Ascott's gone out of business... >:(

amesy

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 08:34:04 pm »

Oh nooo!! I did wonder why they were so low on stock! Oh such a shame, they were brilliant! We used to get massive sacks of sequim from them for half the price of other places and free delivery!

Edit: Are you sure? Their website seems to indicate they're still going...:/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:38:05 pm by amesy »

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 08:57:17 pm »

Oh nooo!! I did wonder why they were so low on stock! Oh such a shame, they were brilliant! We used to get massive sacks of sequim from them for half the price of other places and free delivery!

Edit: Are you sure? Their website seems to indicate they're still going...:/

It's somewhere in the smallprint, and the telephone number is disconnected... there was a thread on TAS about it late last year.

amesy

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 08:59:03 pm »
Ohh :( Now I have to find a new supplier, thanks for letting me know!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS