Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from SfS  (Read 2979 times)

Hello from SfS
« on: September 14, 2009, 02:59:48 pm »
Hi All,

Thought I would Introduce myself, Im Gareth, I run a small farm in Lincolnshire breeding Saddleback & British Lop pigs, Southdown sheep and a handfull of calves.

We have also set up a new online store, aimed to support smallholders in sourcing and obtaining necessary items.

We are trying to keep our prices as low as possible, and we ship to the whole of the UK and France.

Please visit us at www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk

As a further introduction use code RUDWKC at the checkout page to receive a further 5% reduction on orders over £50 (does not apply to feed).

Best Regards

Gareth
SfS
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

MurmuringWheel

• Joined Aug 2008
Re: Hello from SfS
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:46:11 pm »
Hi Gareth,

Welcome to the forum.

My brother Philip sheared your sheep this summer!

He says would you like him to put a link to your new website on his links page as he has a lot of smallholders visit it.

Good luck with your online store,
Diane
www.murmuringwheel.co.uk Handspinning, knitting, crocheting services, spinning tuition and demonstrations at events nationwide.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:05:08 pm »
Hi Diane,

A link to our site would be appreciated.

As an update we now have a range of Hen Houses available, all made from 100% recycled material and at a reasonable cost (far cheaper than Eglus')

Thanks

Gareth
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 03:18:01 pm »
Hello Gareth and welcome along, nice site you have, you say you breed saddlebacks, do you happen to have a weaner boar for sale at the mo?
Thanks danielle?  :pig:

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 03:47:38 pm »
Hi Danielle,

Sent you a pm.

Thanks

sandy

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:17:23 pm »
Hello Danielle, hope  you do well with your Hen Huts as there are some expensive and not too good ones out there, mine have a shed and the trees, the one I bought is redundant at the moment but they may move back in when it gets cold!!!!! I shall take a look at the site as I have gone off other sorts of shopping...Welcome!!

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 10:36:24 am »
Hi Again,

Just to let you know that our VAT registration has now come through - the number is displayed at the bottom of each of our website pages and on invioces. So all of you who are VAT registered can now claim the VAT on your purchases back. You can also view our prices with or without VAT by clicking the button at the right of the screen.

We have also reduced the shipping costs of lighter items.

The 5% discount code (RUDWKC) is still valid (to the end of Sept).

Why not register on our site and receive our newsletters and notifications of special offers.

Many Thanks

Gareth

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 10:44:04 pm »
Hi Diane,

A link to our site would be appreciated.

As an update we now have a range of Hen Houses available, all made from 100% recycled material and at a reasonable cost (far cheaper than Eglus')

Thanks

Gareth

Ahh yes you have the solway recycling henhouses for sale. I have seen them in person and they are good (they also do raised beds- which I was interested in, but those aren't mentioned in their website). However, if I was buying one, I would probably go direct to them as I could easily get to Dumfries to pick one up rather than having to get it delivered.

Interesting website, hope you do well.

Beth

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:52:50 am »
Thanks Beth,

Yep you should get it cheaper if you collect in person - the delivery charge is included in our price for mainland UK. However, if someone wanted more than one item then delivery would be cheaper.

As to hoping we do well, thats upto the general "Smallholder" community, we are trying to gain everyones trust and lure them away from the more established and well known internet stores - but it's not easy. We try and compare our prices and make ours lower whereever possible. Also when you register on our site your details are secure, look for the https:// at the top of the screen and the padlock at the bottom of the screen - not all internet sites offer this protection when you register with them - check and see!

Finally, we have now started adding Poultry and Pig health products to the store, Lambing medicines (twin lamb etc) will come nearer the time.

So basically its up to you all to decide if we live or die  :) Compare us to others and try us, and please keep any comments or requests coming in.

Many Thanks

Gareth
SfS

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 01:00:48 pm »
Hi again,

Just to let you know that our September newsletter is now available to view online at www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk/September_Newsletter.htm

Plus as a further thankyou for all the support we are offering 10% off all orders over £75 until the end of October Just use code SNLDS at checkout (excludes livestock feed).

Best Regards

SfS

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 03:31:42 pm »
Hello and good luck.
 :&> :pig: :chook:

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 01:11:12 pm »
Hi Again,

We have now added some great deals on Farm Record Books (Movement, Breeding, VAT etc etc) to our website.

Also coming soon, a variety of Grass Seed.

Also dont forget the 10% discount code currently running.

Thanks

Gareth
SfS

Fruit of gods

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 03:15:02 pm »
Gareth SFS could you tell me if you got your web site of the shelf or if it was built from scratch...
Could do with a similar layout for my gardening supplies, if poss...
Cheers

Sy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS