Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How will I cope...?  (Read 3536 times)

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
How will I cope...?
« on: September 11, 2009, 11:33:29 am »
Very excited about going to Skye for a fortnight tomorrow...but how will I cope without my daily TAS fix???  :o (sad i know  :-[) I love catching up on what you are all up to.

Answers to coping strategies on a postcard to...
 ;D  :pig:  ;D

Unicorn

Re: How will I cope...?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 12:32:00 pm »
Enjoy your Holiday - The sun is out too - you picked a good time to go!!

Will write to you and keep you informed - got your PM, thanks - Have fun!

I'm going to the Docs now - have to have some X-Rays to see if my collar bone is broken Yuck!!!

Unicorn

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 12:37:04 pm »
Re your quote

PJs, nice snuggly warm ones as the house is so cold (and socks, and dressing gown and scarf in the depts of winter, oh and duvet, blanket, hotwater bottle, wheat heat pack...)

You need to book that cheap flight to here - we are "hot hot hot" since building the Timber house, we have not had to light any fires yet, no heating, just cooking dinner makes the house warm for the night - the triple insulation, double glazed doors and windows, and everything has to be timber is worth its weight in gold - sooo cozy. Having to open windows to let the heat out!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:38:52 pm »
If you have a mobile phone send the number to someone by PM(don't put it on the main forum for security reasons), they can then update you with anything that might interest you.  For instance I would be interested in poultry posts and coffee lounge ones.

Or find an internet cafe or a hotel with internet access - or an airport lounge with hotspots!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Unicorn

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 12:47:55 pm »
Yeah never thought of that - I can web text you free - will pm my mobile no to you

sandy

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 09:43:26 pm »
You have a good time in Skye tomorrow,wish I could go, love Scotland and if I had enough money I would roam all over it!!!! Anyway, you may come back and log on and everyone has gone and all new people!!!!!! what a shock. This site is a bit like a TV soap and I agree, so nice to get to know people and be a part of thier lives, not sad at all, why should we read articles in the News that may not be real, give me a good honest opionion and a good discussion......take some photos for us to share......have a good time!!

Unicorn

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 10:41:13 am »
You have a good time in Skye tomorrow,wish I could go, love Scotland and if I had enough money I would roam all over it!!!! Anyway, you may come back and log on and everyone has gone and all new people!!!!!! what a shock. This site is a bit like a TV soap and I agree, so nice to get to know people and be a part of thier lives, not sad at all, why should we read articles in the News that may not be real, give me a good honest opionion and a good discussion......take some photos for us to share......have a good time!!

Sandy - I agree, much nicer to chat to likeminded people - I love talking to you guys and galls x x x

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 12:02:16 pm »
Hope you have a great holiday - weather is looking hopeful.
I find the first 3 days without a computer quite difficult but think its worth persevering.
Books and slow stuff are so refreshing. Why not take a wee notebook and update us when you get back? 
Would love to here about any smallholding / craft type businesses that are working well over there.
Have a lovely time
kirsty

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 01:57:58 pm »
get a good web enadable phone with cheap internet options.

My skype phone is really cheap it's doesn't like the TAS forum unfortunately :(

Linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS