Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Barnevelder Cockerel Free to Good Home - URGENT! EDINBURGH area  (Read 2779 times)

EllieinWellies

• Joined Nov 2013
Barnevelder Cockerel Free to Good Home - URGENT! EDINBURGH area
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:18:20 am »
 :chook:
Please help. I live in Edinburgh and have a lovely, healthy 5 month old Barnevelder Cockerel. Despite him being not that noisy, two of our local residents (out of many) have complained to the Council and he needs a new home asap.

I hatched him myself. He has been treated for cocciodosis and is very healthy as he free ranges with my girls.

I can deliver within a reasonable distance.
Ellie

lilfeeb

• Joined Feb 2013
  • Kinross-shire
Re: Barnevelder Cockerel Free to Good Home - URGENT! EDINBURGH area
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 01:29:14 pm »
Hi Ellie,

hope you find a good home for him. his 2 sisters have settled in well at our place.

fiona

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 01:39:00 pm »
Try a farm park, or Gorgie City Farm, Jedburgh Deer Park, East Links?  Put him on Gumtree or Preloved and you might get a response, good luck, they're lovely aren't they cockerels, sadly the SSPCA website is full of them.  :fc:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 01:44:37 pm »
East Links won't take him-they don't take in birds, only hatching eggs.

Try Facebook-used to be a page called Cockerel Trader although its not as useful for us up here. If you know where he's from and have pictures, try the Barnvelder club, Scottish Poultry and Waterfowl on FB etc

EllieinWellies

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 02:26:32 pm »
Thanks everyone and great to hear about the hens Fiona!
I have tried all that you suggest and more. No-one wants cockerels and SSPCA is full of them so they cannot take. Will continue to beaver on. He is rather lovely and I would not want to put him down. I got my last cockerel re-homed and he is now a family pet.
Here's hoping.
Thanks again.
Ellie :fc:

HallePalomino

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Forth Valley, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 06:48:15 pm »
I know how you feel, I have two Barnevelders for rehoming and can't :(

Hope you find somewhere for them.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS