Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Spare Lambivac  (Read 3224 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Spare Lambivac
« on: January 26, 2014, 11:05:09 pm »
Is anyone in the area due to lambivac ?  I will be doing our lot some time this next week and will probably have around 16 doses spare if its any use to anyone give me a shout.
Graham

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
Re: Spare Lambivac
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:44:52 am »
It will keep perfectly in the fridge................wipe the top with surgical spirit & cover with cling film.     

I don't know anybody who throws out vaccine of this type if there is a some left.................even Vets agree it doesn't lose its efficacy if stored in this manner.   The manufacturers have to cover their backs with a date !!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:01:47 am »
We do what Wytsend does - draw it up by the fridge to reduce exposure 'on farm' and then keep using the method she describes. 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:52:31 am »
Covered with tape and using a new sterile needle every time I use it (for multiple injections just leave the original needle in the bottle and use separate one on goat), and stored in my garage fridge. Same with Ovipast.

Mine are due in the next month too....

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 01:25:45 pm »
just thought that as we will be using 34 doses  the next lot we need we will still need to buy a new bottle so we are going to be having  half bottles for ever more  ::)
Graham

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 07:39:51 am »
You wont...........it will all catch up and much quicker than you expect !!!!!!!        No goatkeeper is ever without a part bottle of vaccine.............goes with the territory.

Also don't forget you also need a bottle of Vecoxan as well...........give the kids a dose at 4 weeks approx..........to prevent coccidiosis.  This is almost certainly going to be an issue this year wuith all the wet weather.  This is administered as an oral dose, not injected.

Cocci rarely shows any symptoms in kids...........the first you will know about it...........dead kids

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 06:01:11 pm »
ok thanks. I have a litre bottle of Vecoxan ready and waiting  :thumbsup:
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS