Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Body protectors,  (Read 1745 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Body protectors,
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:11:28 am »
  :thumbsup:

Had a big un yesterday, jumping combo fences 110cm, lost it on the second landing, right over the front, landed on the back of my left shoulder/helmet followed gracefully I may add by the rest of me, finishing with my legs, like a forward roll but without some of the ground attached, that should've winded me at the very least, lay there for a moment - nothing, no immediate effects or anything, jumped up, got back on carried on etc

I bought my body protector at Xmas, an airowear one, been wearing it diligently since, can only say, it really takes the edge of hitting the ground, highly recommended, got a mild shouldery ache this morning, but that's it

Nomorerain

• Joined Feb 2014
Re: Body protectors,
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 07:37:17 am »
Glad to hear that you're none the worse for your tumble! I wear mine religiously too, you never know!

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 02:50:59 pm »
I use my head as a cushion ! Nothing to damage that way .
 Glad you are ok mate , take care !

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 07:45:20 pm »
Falls are part for the course when riding. It can take a few days before you feel the full effect. Hope you are recovered .

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 12:21:46 pm »
Fell off again yesterday :-(

Bloody thing dug into me under my right rib and I've got a tasty bruise there now

Worked out what's causing the instability now, it happens when I'm jumping oxers, I think in the middle stride I'm twisting my body and effectively putting my leg on on one side so on the second part of the jump I'm unwittingly giving a go left ( or right) aid on landing and when I want to go left and am giving a right aid accidentally it all goes wrong

I think I'm twisting because I'm trying to half check in the middle

Got an hour jumping lesson booked for Monday, hopefully that'll sort it

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS