Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 1 Chicken found! who's is it?????  (Read 9211 times)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: 1 Chicken found! who's is it?????
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 09:39:32 pm »
We were given Gordon by a friend as he had wandered into her garden and she couldn't find an owner.  She kept him in a rabbit run for a few weeks whilst she tried to find out who he belonged to and then he eventually came to us.

I'd keep hunting for her owener and in the mean she may mix into your group and be an added bonus for you.

sandy

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 10:37:51 pm »
I will put a notice in our window and see who comes to ask about her!!!!!! I wounder if she will lay???

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 09:39:11 am »
Maybe she's a free spirit and will stay for a while then pack her bags and travel on to pastures new!

sandy

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 10:03:17 am »
She was trying to get out but it will be very difficlut, 7ft stone wall with a garden gate leading into our flower garden then another gate into a  yard surrounded by 7ft wall and 2 loose Labradors, if she can get through all that she is a Super Chicken!!!!!!!

cameldairy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Cairo, GA U.S.A.
  • South Georgia, U.S.A.
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 10:52:53 pm »
OH MY...that's my hen!!!! When she got mad at me last week for taking the egg out from under her, I noticed she was starting to pack her little flight bag and check her passport. Should have known the little broody b--ch was up to something! :o ::) Good riddance!  :chook: :D
1 wonderful husband, his 200 beehives,13 chickens, 8 camels, 4 zebra, 21goats,  2 pigs, 4 dogs, 1 horse, 2 ponies, 1 donkey and 1 capybara.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 11:27:17 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 08:07:00 am »
If you send me your adress, I will look fo a big enough envelope and post her on ;) ;)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 07:58:32 pm »
If you do that she'll only leave again - you can't stop a free spirit!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 08:56:11 pm »
Our cockerel ,Lenin came to us like that... the neighbours were crating up birds for market, he thought " sod that" and flew rather wobbily over to us! he hung around all weekend, wouldnt let us near, so we shut our girls out & out food near the shed door, crept up and shut him in (squawk!) Neighbour said if you can catch him,keep him so we did!
Took a while to settle in and isnt top of the pecking order, but he is slightly tamer now!

Born free..... til somebody caught me!
Little Blue

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 09:19:19 pm »
 :) :) :)

sandy

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 09:21:10 pm »
She certaily follows me and the others are getting better with her, I have put a post in my window and I keep seeing people read it and smile :D

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 10:03:47 pm »
Well I think you've done as much as you can.  For now on I would just enjoy her company and not worry too much.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 11:04:18 pm »
I've been really busy with visitors last few days - and till middle of next week too, but I'll come up and see her sometime after that
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 10:06:14 pm »
I've been busy with the cooker and the painters etc etc, have a Landrover to use but not been out in it!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 11:24:10 pm »
Where would you want it go that your little car can't go?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS