Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello. New and wondering if in the right place to ask about Single Farm Payment  (Read 5786 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Its often a case of who you know, so the farming people should employ a negotiator to work around the difficulties.  He will know how to approach the matter (and who to approach), horsey people who can afford horses and land are probably able to employ this method.

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
I suspect youre right.  I have to admit I did think planning depts were a bit of a trial before I got interested in this, and some of the posts here have merely served to confirm my opinion.  I think one of the 'best' comments I saw was directed at a person who wanted permission for a lake for recreational fishing.  The dept commissioned a survey from an enviromental agency who came back with the recommendation not to put fish in it!!   The thought of all those anglers fishing for days in a pond with no fish in it would have had me chortling for days if it wasn't for the fact we are supposed to be relying on these people to make educated and informed decisions!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
You should try living here in Brittany ........  beaureaucracy gone mad

hardy294

• Joined Jul 2009
The gudelines for applying for this has been recently extended to encompass vineyards and certain market gardening. I have owned four acres for twenty six years and did not apply at the correct time in spite of 'the extensive media coverage' [according to the RPA]. Must have forgotten to buy the Farmers Weekly!!
hardy 294

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS