Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Do I need to be registered?  (Read 1890 times)

CAS12

• Joined Jan 2014
Do I need to be registered?
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:06:11 pm »
Sorry if this has been asked on here already at some point but I am going round in circles trying to research it. Do I need to be registered in order to sell surplus fruit and vegetables, that I grow in the garden? Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Re: Do I need to be registered?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:24:02 pm »
Do you mean with taxman? Or from a food business a point of view?

CAS12

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:27:19 pm »
Sorry I was meaning from a food business point of view

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:03:32 pm »
Not at all. :farmer:

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 02:45:48 am »
Perhaps look up "  garden gate sales of surplus produce "  for a bit of info on how you stand
 Doing it commercially as a market gardener might have several implications you need to comply with though . One thing that comes to mind is being registered and trained in the use of agricultural chemicals and the safety angle of it etc.

In my first marriage of nearly 40 yrs. ago :-
My 8 yr old daughter took all the surplus stuff like sweet heart cabbages cauli's , peas , carrots and salad stuff  out our house garden round the housing estate & sold it for her pocket money .

That soon brought council down on us for a shop keeper had complained  that she was an un licenced trader.
They told me about the garden gate sales permissions & also told me when it would not be considered as garden gate sales .. it's well worth a look to save your self grief most likely things will have changed slightly but I think that the rules will still be there.
 One thing I do know that could cause you grief is a complaint by the county traffic /safety officer  seeking to prevent you doing it because in their opinion your selling could cause a traffic hazard ( If you are on a busy road or on a bend etc. )
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:57:25 am by cloddopper »
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS