Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Introduction to Crofting Course  (Read 3540 times)

Hamish Crofter

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Isle of Skye
Introduction to Crofting Course
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:12:29 pm »
Just signed up for this course at  Auctertyre on 14/15th Feb with the SCF. Looking forward to it as I've been trying to get on one for a while.

Anyone else going?

KellySam

• Joined Jan 2014
  • North Uist
Re: Introduction to Crofting Course
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:10:36 pm »
I've been doing the SCF courses here on North Uist - well, supposed to be but so far the 'Land Management' was cancelled due to lack of numbers, then the Pig Husbandry postponed due to illness, so far have only managed the Sheep Husbandry but it was well worth it  :) 

We have decided to leave the island though, after 11 years for various reasons, the main one being the 'locals' mentalities'.  Very long story.................................     I'll try to complete my courses though as they are good fun and I do intend to try to live my dream where-ever we end up.

Good luck with your course and enjoy!!  Hope all goes much better for you on Skye than it has here for us on Uist.   :gloomy:

Hamish Crofter

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Isle of Skye
Re: Introduction to Crofting Course
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:07:49 pm »
KellySam

Thanks for your post. Really sorry Uist hasn't worked out. We visited a couple of years ago and loved it but decided against living there as it seemed a bit insular. Settling for Skye seemed a good midway compromise.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS