Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Awful cruelty  (Read 5315 times)

danconfessed

• Joined Aug 2013
Awful cruelty
« on: January 09, 2014, 03:12:31 pm »
Dont really need to say what i think about this.  Makes my blood boil!!

Don't look if easily upset

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2536507/Its-Rocky-Bal-boar-Thousands-watch-two-PIGS-fight-death-brutal-Chinese-sport.html

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
Re: Awful cruelty
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 04:44:05 pm »
That is truly disgusting.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 05:25:09 pm »
China is a Third World country in the process of trying to become a First World one.  It was closed to the West for centuries and has different values, not that I'm defending pig fighting in any way, shape or form.  It's not so very long ago that cock fighting, bear baiting, and so on were commonplace here, and then there's bullfighting .....

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:51:26 pm »
cock fighting not as uncommon in the UK as we'd like to hope atm, its why I will only let cockerels go to vetted homes.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 09:03:18 pm »
China is a Third World country in the process of trying to become a First World one.  It was closed to the West for centuries and has different values, not that I'm defending pig fighting in any way, shape or form.  It's not so very long ago that cock fighting, bear baiting, and so on were commonplace here, and then there's bullfighting .....

My brother lives in China, he sold his house over here and spent the money on a sanctuary for bears rescued from baiting and dancing.  He got an award from the Chinese government, but the majority of the population over there (although certainly not everyone) just don't seem to see what is wrong with these things, it is most bizarre.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 12:44:02 am »
It's unusual for governments to support such things, Perhaps some governments don't like being told what they can do by others?
But look at some of our own sick dog owners who breed dogs to fight, can't use a vet and dump them when dead.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 06:23:21 am »
Another sick spectator sport! Bullfighting still goes on here in a big spectacle over Penticost -30,000 visitors. Cock fighting is very common and widespread in the UK. I know of one breeder who had 20 bantam cockerels stolen. They are used to build the confidence of the fighting cocks -put in with them to be killed. The Police wouldn't get involved apparently because the fights are organised by some very nasty people. Then there is the dog fighting as mentioned. So I guess we can't point a finger at the Chinese as we are actually no better.

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 08:23:04 am »
Very true Chris.

The difference is that the Chinese are up front about it and we do it behind closed doors and pretend it doesn't go on.
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 09:33:07 am »
Totally agree with previous two posts in that treating animals so barbarically is not exclusively the domain of far away peoples, who don't know any better. I do believe that less of us find it acceptable or even entertaining, but its pointless pretending that abuse of animals for sport or simply because that individual is that way inclined does not continue regardless of how "civilised" that country is supposed to be. Its one of those occasions when I'm reluctant to be tarred with that particular brush though- I don't believe we are "a nation of animal lovers" but some of us certainly are

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 10:46:50 am »
Sometimes I think the people who do these things are not human .The need to watch animals of any kind fight to the death for sport is so sick.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 11:47:29 am »
Sometimes I think the people who do these things are not human .The need to watch animals of any kind fight to the death for sport is so sick.
It's just dawned on me what a mild word this is for such a barbaric 'hobby???',
I think these people are worse than the probably the majority of murderers, who were maybe driven to that act? these scum do it for fun and money at the suffering of another living thing. It is they who should be put down.
Sorry, I don't mean to annoy anyone if that's taken the wrong way, typing as I think about it.
ALSO Gone off topic - refering more to dog or cock fighting here.

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 12:01:46 pm »
The whole point is that they are human and that is what humans do. We kill for fun, animals don't do that just us highly intelligent very advanced superior humans. :thinking:
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 01:13:49 pm »
There has to be a line drawn somewhere to mark out the edge of what being human means.
There are murderers, rapist, child killers and all the others that get pleasure from seeing creatures suffer and in the most horrific cases putting them in jail isn't enough.

They should be removed to a secure unit and plugged into a life support machine.
All their organs should be harvested and given to people that need them. When the organs are all removed pull the plug out.

Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS