Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone fancy trying this?  (Read 1745 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Anyone fancy trying this?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 06:40:16 pm »
its awesome you still need to buy the land and convince the planners to allow it though...

have been looking a lot at the american micro home trend, they are very small low impact houses that cost very little so can be built rent/mortgage free and allow people to escape more easily to a life they desire over that imposed on us by society...

the problem in the uk over the states though is much higher land costs and very prohibitive planners...

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:15:47 pm »
I think its possible to build a place to live .I build metal wood ENE construction would like to make bricks from clay I can cut trees dawn and square them up.I think we need more things in life to give us a Charlinge in life .I could do plans and build a home but naw I'm to old and Happy in my Holiday home in the Dalphaber Holiday home .

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:34:50 pm »
He has a website encouraging people to build without planning permission and apply retrospectively.  His own application for retrospective permission was rejected and he's been ordered to take it down. 

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 07:38:17 pm »
the other one id love to build is a traditional log cabin like they build in alaska etc very eco friendly very warm and very difficult to get permission for...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS