Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Urgently wanted: 2 dark coloured wether lambs - Scottish Borders  (Read 2473 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
As a way of explanation.: My black Shetland tup is not settling in his new field with his two (white) wether lambs for companions and I think he needs company of his own kind (in terms of colour). He was perfectly happy with his Gotland x texel ladies (they have black heads), but really doesn't like white sheep...

So anyone within reasonable distance from the Southern Scottish Borders got a couple of (preferably) black or moorit Shetland wether lambs (or other dark coloured not too big wether lambs) for sale? Also as these will not necessarily have a home for life (but for a couple of years for their fleeces if nice), I am not looking for top of the range sheep, but needs to have good fleece.

Need to be castrated boys! Also preferred to be tame/bucket trained.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Urgently wanted: 2 dark coloured wether lambs - Scottish Borders
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 12:39:31 am »
I'm sure we are way too far away !!  but if you get desperate enough I have one or maybe two wethers who might fit the bill, one moorit and think the other one is black, will check in daylight! Smallish and nice fleece.

Not registered tho (but would only want £20 a head for them to reflect that,  as going to a good (even if non permanent :-D) home. They are by registered approved tup tho, its just the mums arent reg. Not tame tame but are bucket trained to pen up most of the time!

As I say I'm sure you will find closer but the offers there just in case :-)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 09:49:37 am »
Thanks, I am not sure I can justify a trip that far north just now. I have asked a few Shetland breeders within the Borders, but thought maybe someone on here (and usually quiet) may have some nearby. As I am not on the SSS email link anymore it's a bit slower...

Tuppy is developing a well-trodden path round the fence line of the field..., but he is coming for some food, so hopefully will not starve.. He hasn't really grazed since coming into that field.

collielaw

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:32:41 pm »
We are just north of Lauder and have some black and moorit wethers for sale. I can email you some pictures if you're interested. They are all sired from Kaimknowe Douglas, a lovely moorit tup with good confirmation and fleece.

They are not tame tame as are on the hill over the winter but will come to the bucket. Looking for £30/head. You're more than welcome to come and have a look.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:35:45 pm by collielaw »

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 01:13:12 pm »
Briliant, will pm you. I was hoping you would be coming on, I knew you have Shetlands, but didn't know if you were still active.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS