Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: grow your own  (Read 5743 times)

tomandbarbara

• Joined Feb 2009
grow your own
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:20:06 pm »
I know this maybe a long shot, but there was drama on BBC2 2 on Friday 14th August. I think it was called 'grow your own'.

Did anyone possibly record the programme if so could they copy it to a DVD.

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
Re: grow your own
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 09:36:38 pm »
just checked BBC i player and can't see it

did find this though http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00m9xk9/Future_of_Food_Episode_1/

(episode 2 is there as well)

George Alagiah travels the world to reveal a growing global food crisis that could affect the planet in the years ahead. With food riots on three continents recently, and unprededented competition for food due to population growth and changing diets, the series alerts viewers to a looming problem and looks for solutions.

George joins a Masai chief among the skeletons of hundreds of cattle he has lost to climate change, and the English farmer who tells him why food production in the UK is also hit. He spends a day eating with a family in Cuba to find out how a future oil shock could lead to dramatic adjustments to diets. He visits the breadbasket of India to meet the farmer who now struggles to irrigate his land as water tables drop, and finds out why obesity is spiralling out of control in Mexico.

Back in Britain, George investigates what is wrong with people's diets, and discovers that the UK imports an average of 3000 litres of water per capita every day. He talks to top nutritionist Susan Jebb, DEFRA minister Hilary Benn and Nobel laureate Rajendra Pachauri to uncover what the future holds for our food.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 09:28:36 am »

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:34:42 pm »
thanks for the link, I missed that one - todays' episode was very good, too. It's already started off a wee discussion on the veggie box thread  :) :&>

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 09:08:13 pm »
I know this maybe a long shot, but there was drama on BBC2 2 on Friday 14th August. I think it was called 'grow your own'.

Did anyone possibly record the programme if so could they copy it to a DVD.

Do you mean the 'story' one, with him out of 'brassed off?' Name will come to me! About city allotments?
Sorry, didnt record it and missed the beginning myself
Little Blue

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:10:35 pm »
I have the film on DVD got it from Amazon

Linz

tomandbarbara

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:08 pm »
Yes i think it was the guy from brassed off.
I will check on the Amazon website.
Cheers.

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 06:02:06 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/tv_and_radio/growyourownveg_index.shtml any good for you ?

Linz

that is a good series, i downloaded it sometime back from a source of dubious legality. most enjoyable stuff.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS