Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Egg's  (Read 2161 times)

rolthom

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
Egg's
« on: August 28, 2009, 11:49:05 pm »
Hi all, I have 6 silkie egg's in the incubater at the moment, one chick has hatched just wondering how long should I wait for the rest of the egg's to hatch?. I have candled all the egg's and they are all full.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: Egg's
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 08:57:59 am »
at least 4 days. it horrible when you check the unhatched eggs and discover that you should have waited.

rolthom

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 11:38:14 am »
Many thanks for the advice.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 01:15:29 pm »
I've waited longer (a week) - what harm can it do?  If they are dead they are dead.  Unless they get broken which is less likely in an incubator than under a broody hen.  They are pretty smelly if you leave them that long, turn out to be dead, then she stands on one!  Yuk!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 02:00:40 pm »
had some very dark eggs in the last lot which would not candle so had to wait and see. not the nicest thing to open. for some reason i dont know why the green/blue eggs are harder to hatch.

rolthom

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 11:07:12 pm »
Thanks everyone for the replies

rolthom

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 10:35:28 pm »
Waited a week for the rest of the egg's but sadly they have died in the shell. So I'm on the hunt now for some Silkie chicks  to keep the single chick company.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS