Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I'd just like to say...  (Read 3994 times)

chicken licken

• Joined Mar 2008
I'd just like to say...
« on: March 25, 2008, 04:27:02 pm »
Hello from a newbie.  I'm one of the "foreign" contingent, as I live in Greece.  Have enjoyed lurking a little on the forum & decided to join.  It would be wonderful to meet any other gardeners/smallholders from Meditteranean countries, as our conditions & climate are so different, but I'm also just pleased to be in with a nice bunch, by the look of things, no matter where you live.  I'm also a relative beginner in most things vegetable & chicken!  Will no doubt soon be posting silly questions. 
Chicken Licken

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: I'd just like to say...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 05:02:47 pm »
Hello and welcome.    I love silly questions......I ask a lot of em too  ;D    but someone always offers some sensible advise and then you realise that they were'nt so silly after all.................cos we've all started somewhere; been there; got the T-shirt AND the Baseball cap.     

Greece  :o :o How fantastic is that.    Go on then, what's the temperature today  :-\
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 06:02:47 pm »
Hey chicken licken, welcome aboard.  :)

The only silly questions are the ones you don't ask.   ;)

Remember none of us were born knowing this stuff, and some of us (I'm looking in the mirror) haven't progressed much from there.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 06:08:41 pm »
Please tell us all about Greece - tell us how warm you are and how big the sun is.  That sort of weather is such a distant memory that just thinking about you out there brings a cheer to my heart and I feel warmer already!

Welcome Chicken Licken, really looking forward to reading some more from you!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 07:14:57 pm »
Hi, and welcome to the TAS forums.

Could you tell us how awful the weather is in Greece - we'll know you're lying but it will make us feel better here is cold (but dry and sunny) central Scotland.

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 07:29:16 pm »
Hello and welcome, I have some very fond memories of Greece- from my younger days I might add, but thats a different story.

Carole

chicken licken

• Joined Mar 2008
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 05:01:14 pm »
 A rather late thank you to you for your welcomes! 

I'm not often online, as the connection speeds here are so slow I think they must have someone peddaling away in the telecom office in the nearest town.  So I'm afraid I shan't be a regular/frequent poster, on the whole.  I asked a few months ago when my village might get broadband, and the man nearly ruptured something laughing.  He suggested I move to another village.  So it's not all roses here....

But it is roses regarding our chickens.  I'll post elsewhere....

Seems some of you want to hear how great the weather is here, & others that it's awful.  I can help both, as it's been mixed in the last few months.  But though we do get grey skies here (and sometimes even some rain!) it's not usually for days on end, thank heavens.  More another time & elsewhere in the forum.  Glad to be with you all.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS