Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I thought one had been stolen!!  (Read 2101 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
I thought one had been stolen!!
« on: December 27, 2013, 02:49:10 pm »
Rushing round in the gale force wind this morning,in and out of pens with breakfast dishes - went in put three tubs down, and only two heads went down.  No Anna, the white goatling.  Rushed outside in case she had slipped past me ...no.  OMG someone has pinched my Anna I thought. Went back in, and then it dawned on me - I was actually in a pen with two  adult females, not the goatlings.  Phew!!  That will teach me, having so many goats!!

Thinking logically, anyone who would walk down a steep field, steal one goat and walk all the way up again, in the torrential rain we had overnight, and the high winds - they would have to be mad, desperate or both!!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: I thought one had been stolen!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 04:05:12 pm »
Given the  :gloomy: we are having I think it is nigh on impossible to get a  :goat: to go outside....

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 05:16:17 pm »
 :roflanim: Yep your right there.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 06:01:27 pm »
we all get those crazy goat lady moments -
I spent a good minute staring broken-heartedly at an escaped, dead light sussex hen .... that turned out to be a dead plastic bag!!

Glad Anna was where she should be ,.. wonder if the older girls appreciated the extra food bucket?!
:)
Little Blue

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 11:00:55 pm »
Ruth, you're not alone. I once was amazed at the sight of a huge white rabbit sitting at the edge of the field that we had walked across earlier. It didn't move as we got nearer and nearer until I realised it was the bag of dog poo that I had left there ready to collect on the way back home.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 09:31:48 am »
lovely!

glad it's not just me (happens more than I like to admit!)
Little Blue

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 08:50:49 pm »
Well I thought recently that a feedback (empty but used for kindling and left outside the main field gate!) was an escaped lamb... It was getting dark though in my defence...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS