Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Answers please  (Read 9068 times)

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
Re: Answers please
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 08:20:17 am »
Paranoid or not, I'm with Russ on this one.  Is nothing sacred?

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

sandy

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 08:26:14 am »
Maybe there will be a market for "private rooms" somewhere like a lead lined room with no windows....they shouldn't get us there!!!!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 05:12:20 pm »
nothing new since 1984
we all have to weigh the pros and cons for ourselves. In my early 20s I protested loudly against a Census in my home country out of the very reasons you all stated and I see the danger of too much information in the wrong hands. But the pro in the mentioned loyalty card shows in my wallet in a good way, I'm afraid to say. It pays for my family's yearly RAC membership and a restaurant and a science museum visit in the holidays, things I could or would not afford otherwise. I don't give a sh.. if they know what I buy, if their prices go up I go elsewhere. And they can send me hundreds of vouchers for chicken and I still wouldn't buy them from the Big T as I have a free range farm in the neighbourhood.  :&>

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49:48 pm »
I didn't add, during the last FMD outbreak, although obviously it was leaked, I did appreciate the automated telephone call that went out to all holdings advising of the halt to all animal movements. And given that I nearly ended up stranded at a agricultural show with 8 goats, I was also very appreciative of SEERAD being so on the ball, and being able to be on site and advise us so promptly. It meant that rather than ending up stranded, we were able to get home again.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS