Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My little superstar dog  (Read 3124 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
My little superstar dog
« on: December 17, 2013, 12:23:59 pm »
Lovely photo of mini-baby on Sunday,

Got dq'd on all agility runs and also jumping runs, came 4th in retrieve comp

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:26:38 pm by Alistair »

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: My little superstar dog
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 12:32:23 pm »
Arh bless, that's so cute, dogs love to do anything to please their owners, I love that, give a dog a ball and that's them happy...give my husband a Dyson and he's happy! (He has enough balls  ;) )
I bet you are thrilled.....I would  be! :yippee:

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 12:38:00 pm »
Certainly looks pleased with that retrieve.  Lovely photo.  Thanks for sharing and congrats on the win  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 12:57:46 pm »
It was an independent comp, so not KC, so didn't really 'matter' - more a bit of Xmas fun really, had a great day out, agility runs went wrong because of contacts - again, disqualified first run on first dog walk for missing contact, ditto second run
Jumping first run was a unmitigated disaster, second run we went clear on the actual course but mini decided to add an extra tunnel in cos it's fun so another dq, would've got a 3rd with the time, possibly won if she hadn't added the tunnel in
Steeplechase was as usual hilarious disaster, I can't run that fast & mini can't read the numbers, that ended up with me crashing into her, she was fine, happens a lot, and rolling around on the floor

All in all possibly the most fun you can have with your dog, I love competing, but it's sooo much more fun when it doesn't matter what the outcome is

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »
lovely pic and sounds like a lovely day  :thumbsup:

I was always sure I was invited to do agility displays with my boy because he was so fast and excited and I was so unable to keep up with him - always good for a lot of laughs from all, I was usually crying with laughter and unable to breathe by the end!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 07:18:10 pm »
Aw! :love:
Little Blue

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 07:43:18 pm »
what a little superstar!  glad you had a fab day - agility is so much fun if you don't take it too seriously  ;)
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 08:05:09 pm »
what a little superstar!  glad you had a fab day - agility is so much fun if you don't take it too seriously  ;)

She's grade 6!, that serious enough?

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 05:53:30 pm »

She's grade 6!, that serious enough?

The grade is immaterial - its the attitude I was referring to!, some take it far too seriously esp in the higher grades  ;)  .
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 06:07:07 pm »
I know, we try and do little in dependant shows just to lighten it up a bit from the KC shows

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 06:14:40 pm »
My dogs would be far too embarrassed of me, I am not very agile, a few of the pups of my older bitch do agility and are doing very well.....I love anything that involves the dog and owner working together!!  Your dog is a little star, if it were mine I would have had a little lump in my throat!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 09:14:45 pm »
Great motion piccie.
  looks and sounds a perfect day to me  :trophy:  well done mini-baby and a pint in order for you Alistair for the effort ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS