Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: DIY dog beds, crate covers, and coats  (Read 2612 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
DIY dog beds, crate covers, and coats
« on: December 15, 2013, 09:36:59 am »
http://www.pinterest.com/debannlp/sewing-for-dog-rescue/

Many of them easy and cheap to make from scratch or by recycling kids clothes and other stuff.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: DIY dog beds, crate covers, and coats
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 10:18:23 am »
 :thumbsup:  I keep looking out for children's stuff for the pup...although she is usually warm enough!! I bought some throws that were reduced in the summer and made large pillow cases to put their dog beds in, so much cheaper and easier to wash and dry....although now with a pup, I have to watch the de stuffing phase!!! I was going to  buy a cheap hi vi childrens jacket for the pup as the ones we have are not that good!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 11:22:05 am »
I love the dog bed made from an up ended table. You could even put a roof on top of the legs so that a nervous dog feels more secure
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 11:03:03 pm »
I may use this 1 or some of the dog coat 1s as my boys an awkward size & because he's big dog coats are soo expensive & hard to find for him.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/212232201162148597/

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 09:11:58 am »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

I've just spent an hour and a half working out how to thread the sewing machine and making (or starting) the simplest belly band for Luca, only to realise |I had no Velcro to finish it. 

Muchos swearing at Chez Kitchen Cottage  ;)

One of my resolutions is to sew more (or at all!!!)  :D

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 04:55:23 pm »
I gave up on threading my sewing machine, I even put a You tube video on to help me but my fingers were too fat, my eyes not good enough and my patience non existent!!!   All I want to do is to make a sort of huge pillow case to shuv cardboard in for the base of out dogs crates and the back of the car!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS