Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Networking and promotion - help and advice welcome  (Read 1219 times)

Ray Baxter

• Joined Aug 2013
  • The Scottish Borders
  • Proud to be a smallholder
    • New Mains Smallholding
Networking and promotion - help and advice welcome
« on: December 03, 2013, 09:23:02 pm »
Hi everyone,

The longer-darker nights have given us a little more time for reflection. Many conversations later we have decided to try to raise our profile a little. It's very easy to get bogged down with all the work that needs doing and forget that we are trying to create a sustainable business. Anyway, I was given the job of writing a newsletter. Does anyone have any experience of using newsletter's? are they effective? are they worth the bother? (see attached if you fancy a read)

Cheers, Ray

http://www.newmainsfarm.co.uk/upload/Newsletter%20from%20Newmains%20Smallholding%202013.pdf

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Networking and promotion - help and advice welcome
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:36:32 pm »
I like newsletters and blogs, but only online or if I can download to my kindle.  I wouldn't bother with a printed one.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:03:07 am »
That's a great newsletter - now I'm feeling guilty that my blog is not updated!! (about a year now...)

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 09:03:01 am »
Great newsletter very encouraging, and a great present to give friends this time of year adopt a bee !
Great to see the results of all your hard work, heres wishing 2014 is a good, productive year for you. :fc:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS