Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Community Cafe, Alloa.  (Read 3278 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Community Cafe, Alloa.
« on: December 03, 2013, 02:03:16 pm »
Blatant advertising for something i have nothing to do with although i enjoyed my visit...

There is now a community cafe operating from Alloa Elim church (Opposite Lidl) monday to friday 10am-2pm for snacks and light lunches.

This is not a church project but rather a community venture that needed a new home and the church helped out.

Food is filling and cheap and very tasty...

Went today and thoroughly recommend it.

As I know a fair few of you are not too far from Alloa any help spreading the word about this venture would be appreciated.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Community Cafe, Alloa.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 02:08:23 pm »
Are they on Facebook? I rarely eat out during the week, but I can spread the word!!!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 02:10:02 pm »
Sandy not that i know of,

1.80 for soup and a roll is worth it as it costs almost that much to make, i have rescheduled my weekly shop to allow me to go more often...

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 03:03:21 pm »
I used to serve food/meals,  but cannot make a good enough profit, I often make soup from reduced veg but if you pay the proper amount its costly, that's a brilliant price!! :thumbsup:  I have popped into Morrisons in  Stirling when I have been to the bank, they are good too...I like to support the local community when I can!!  :innocent:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:16:06 pm by happygolucky »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 03:43:55 pm »
..funnily enough, they want our house for the community!!
Who does, Morrison's ? or the Council?  if they offer a fair price and make the offer without conditions like last time, take it!

I'm rarely at Lidl or Tesco these days, but I intend going to the market on Thursday so if I get my car back early enough I'll pop in.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 04:56:51 pm »
Didn't get there yesterday due to the storm. 

Can recommend this to shoppers in Alloa - as it is a Church Hall it is fairly basic - any decorations planned for Christmas, Bloomer?  :innocent: But the food is lovely. My friend Enid and I went there after walking the dogs, and enjoyed a large bowl of homemade split pea soup and a cheese and ham toastie for £3.50, and a really nice cup of tea afterwards for just over a£1 each.

Only been open since Monday so needs more custom - handy place for shopping though with Lidl, Tesco, Aldi and Asda and the High Street all  within 5 minutes (nicer food than the supermarket cardboard stuff too  :excited:)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:58:33 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 05:17:05 pm »
glad you enjoyed it, they moved in at short notice so we didn't have time to help out much with decoration... will mention it to them when i see them though.

for a group who had to move base in a hurry i think they have done well for there first week.

take care...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 08:21:15 pm »
I have spare Christmas decorations if needed, don't need them back.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 11:04:10 pm »
I do not go shopping much at all but its so lovely to see local places doing well. especially when the whole community is helping.......brilliant.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 02:09:24 pm »
Sounds good, best of luck to them tho it's a bit far for me to pop for a coffee! 

There is a community cafe in Tayport too if anyone is up that way, right beside the Harbour.  An ex colleague was part of the setup management team and it is a lovely wee place, very friendly, good coffee and decent food, all staffed by volunteers I think, often young folk who lack confidence when they start and really appreciate a bit of good feedback. 
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS