Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Asolutely gorgeous frozen fruit mousse!  (Read 3148 times)

BlackRocks

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Wokingham, Near Reading, Berkshire
Asolutely gorgeous frozen fruit mousse!
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:13:30 pm »
Ok assuming you don't mind the high calorie intake on this one it's absolutely georgeous. I have made it with Raspberries in the past and today tried it with the Blackberries that were growing wild through our hedge. It's actualy a frozen mousse but is just like a very creamy ice cream, yum.

I usually double up but the basic recipe is:

1/4 pint fruit puree. I liquidise raspberries (or as I said today blackberries).
I don't like it too pippy so I push my puree through a sieve but you don't have too.

Icing sugar to sweeten the puree and to your own taste. I usually find a couple of dessert spoonfuls is enough.

A couple of teaspoons of lemon juice.

1/4 Pint double cream
2 egg whites

ok  you prepare your puree add sugar to taste and add the lemon juice. Whisk the cream and also the egg whites until lightly stiff. Then you mix the egg whites and the cream alternately into the puree mixture folding together until completely mixed. Place in a suitable container (i use a tuppawear style lunch box. Pop in the freezer and bob's your uncle. It's best served when it's still slighly soft and is absolutely gorgeous. Try it and enjoy! I see no reason why you couldn't use other fruit like strawberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants etc etc.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Asolutely gorgeous frozen fruit mousse!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:23:45 pm »
Mmm. Sounds lovely - and will count towards your five a day!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS