Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Light off the mains  (Read 2205 times)

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
Light off the mains
« on: December 13, 2013, 11:05:44 am »
I rent some land and out buildings and there is no chance of having mains electric so I have struggled for years with doing them before dusk in winter and then I spotted this on another forum.
 http://bedazzled.uk.com/LED_Stable_Lights.htm
 Now for a lot of you could rig this up yourselves but for the non-technical types is virtually idiot proof and set up in 20mins. The sad thing is after years of struggling now I have found a solution I am giving up the land next year but I am going to put these on the far barns at home as the armoured cable that is needed to put power in plus the electrician costs a fortune. I have even thought of putting a string on the home paddocks,

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: Light off the mains
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:58:48 am »
Looks a very clever idea Honeyend and must be loads cheaper than a mains setup. We had a remote area with no electricity and ended up with an old generator and leasure batteries. Problem is people will break into isolated buildings and steal anything that appears even slightly valuable!

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 08:29:58 am »
It looks a good idea but website says product is 'temporarily unavailable' ....

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 01:37:24 pm »
Obviously all bought up by other TAS readers who thought it sounded a good idea! Must say I was tempted for my hen house. The wind up camping lamp I currently use just doesn't do the job!

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 07:30:51 pm »
I had to wait about 10days so I wonder if they are made up to order and its easier to ship out other stuff with the run up to Christmas

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS