Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: CAP Reform  (Read 2057 times)

bluewatersailor06

• Joined Oct 2013
CAP Reform
« on: November 21, 2013, 01:43:40 pm »
Hi

Can anyone help....I am confused about how the CAP reform will impact me as a crofter.

The entitlement on my croft for SFP has lapsed so I understand that I am not able to apply however I think that the new CAP reform from 2015 will allow new entrants. Is that correct? Are there any limitations to new entrants e.g. size of croft or age?

When is the EU signing this off for 2015...ie when will be know for certain what the scheme is?

What do I have to do and when to apply for 2015?

All help gratefully received....as I can find lots of general information but nothing specific.

Looking forward to hearing from you
 ???

Garmoran

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Lochaber, Highland
Re: CAP Reform
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 02:34:36 pm »
Well nobody else seems to be replying, so although I don't have much useful to say, at least it'll make the thread look a bit more productive  ;D

IACS forms usually appear about late February/early March and have to be returned by sometime in May. Check with SGRPID in Inverness or wherever's closer to you regarding the status of your croft - if they can't tell you what the situation is we're unlikely to come up with anything more trustworthy.

I would imagine that new entrants will be encouraged under the new framework. According to my local SCF Rep writing in the local paper, "Anyone 40 and under who is going straight into active crofting will receive entitlements plus topup payments up to 25%.... Minimum claim sizes could be 5ha so small crofts would need to activate their common grazing shares... Stocking densities yet to be set will mean only active farmers/crofters can claim".

Noises from the SCF and its local rep make it sound as if they expect the new framework to be more favourable to crofters: me, I'm a sceptic with very recent memories of measures to reduce the area of land eligible for payments and will believe it when I see it!

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: CAP Reform
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:42:07 pm »
Just so you don't feel like , " Billy No Mates ". 

Do you have a Scottish version of the NFU or a Scottish branch or similar organisation  ..  Perhaps they would be the people to give you info if no one else on site can help
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS