Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Just found TAS  (Read 6469 times)

alienwithaview

• Joined Aug 2009
Just found TAS
« on: August 21, 2009, 06:59:34 pm »
Hello,

just found this site by chance and am really impressed by the wealth of info and experience!

Have been a keen allotmenteer for a few years, and after years of searching for an affordable and suitable place, in June we finally moved to farm cottage in Wiltshire with a good-sized garden, well, big enough for myself, partner and cat.
The farming landlord stipulates we work the land, and we do just that (when not wasting time in an office). As we're surrounded by fields, we're sure motivated by the sound of the tractors.
As we have a multi-fuel rayburn (cooking / heating) we're looking at growing willow / poplar for coppicing / firewood and I'm working on persuading my partner that keeping chickens and dairy goats is the way forward. The info I found on TAS comes in handy there and I'm sure to ask probing and daft questions every now and again!
Cheers

sandy

Re: Just found TAS
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 09:42:02 pm »
Welome again, for some strange reason (probaly butter stuck on my glasses) your welcome came up in the wrong place and completly out of context...well thats me, out of context!!! I like it on this forum as I feel we are one big family, that us until we meet[move][/move]then we become friends!!!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 09:55:01 pm »
Welcome - I'm in Clackmannanshire just down the road from Sandy and her partner Steve and their menagerie.  I have a large garden (about an acre), 4 dogs, a cat, ducks & chickens.  I often get on my soapbox about getting ex battery hens but some folk think I'm only lining the farmers pockets and letting them carry on their trade.  I disagree, and one day there will be no ex battery hens at all!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:27:07 pm »
Hello and welcome to a great bunch of people

Annie is an expert on dogs and has judged at Crufts.  She recommended some dog food on here and my rottie pup is a giant now and really happy
Sandy is a great laugh a minute and really makes me giggle, Linz is expecting a baby soon, and she is great fun too and into arty crafty things and knows where to get wool, Rosemary is really friendly and helpful in lotsa subjects, and most of your questions will be answered on here.

Hope you have as much fun as we do

Julie, Joe n Tara

sandy

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:37:41 pm »
Anne recommended me some food, now look at me?????   

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 10:39:30 pm »
That was just a baked tattie, Sandy - oh, maybe it was the cheese  ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D  Hey but wait a m inute - how many helpings did you have at the CSSA BBQ last weekend............................................. (for CSSA read - a lot of TAS members ;D)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 10:43:07 pm »
ummm that was nice

alienwithaview

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 08:23:50 am »
Thanks everyone for your kind welcome.
From discussions with my partner I anticipate loads of times when I need your suggestions and advice on what can and can't be done (I'm all for can do - he's all can't do this and that...but usually comes to see it my way)
Anyway, my name is Nur, I'm originally from Poland, lived many years in Germany, and been in the UK for 19 years now (alien) and we do have great views from all our windows.
But there's also quite a busy road at the bottom of the garden, which has seen a few casualties (neighbours' cats and plenty of wildlife), so we're currently busy securing the fence and planting some kind of screening, before we go any further with adding animals to our household.
It's a lovely day today (a few miles west of Salisbury), so gardening it is for me!
Best wishes
Nur

sandy

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 08:40:53 am »
Morning Nur, nice here today too :) my partner is already cutting t he hedge as it spills out over the path and wet's all our visitors!!! :D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 10:34:28 am »
Hi and welcome

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 03:23:30 pm »
Welcome from me too.  I should be out walking my dogs, not sitting at this blessed computer!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 08:05:45 pm »
Hi and welcome, Nur

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 11:52:04 am »
Hello, sounds like you have a great place.  Enjoy joining in.
 :pig:

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 09:02:08 pm »
Hello Nur

I'm soon to be starting out too - just in the process of buying some land.
Used to live in Fordingbridge, south of Salisbury - Lovely spot - who knows - you could have a stall at the Salisbury Farmers Market!
Sharon

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 09:16:41 pm »
hiya a bit late to Welcome you to the forum, Not really an expert in anything but just realy bored (an does a lot of books readying, interwebs viewing or tv documentry watching) as am at the waitting time for baby to arrive.

Am sure with any question you have am sure SOMEONE on here will be willing to help you out as they have done it, doing it, or future plans for it to take place lol.

Linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS