Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: House sales?  (Read 4008 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
House sales?
« on: November 19, 2013, 03:06:31 pm »
I detest this house selling business, :'( with so many people building up my/our hopes then changing their minds, us changing our minds of where and what to buy, the difficulty of getting a mortgage even when we have one already that we want to pay off.....then the lack of good advice or contact with professionals.
Yesterday we had 2 parties that looked like they were about to put an offer in, they still may but they have gone off the boil a bit, one was a very interesting and possibly the best yet propositions......This is not a new thing to me, I bought and sold a fair few houses before but I think its my thoughts that this will be my last move and I want to start the process.  I also heard some very interesting things about local history and some very bad things about what some local people have said and done!!!
Anyway, I keep wondering if my Christmas glitz is coming out the attic again or not, just cannot help myself but feel so un Christmassy!!! I know I am not in this alone and there are others out their in the same boat......and it was only a matter of weeks ago when 2 of my three daughters were on the verge of loosing their homes and we were on the verge of moving out!
What a difference a day makes (music by Moby)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: House sales?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 06:06:43 pm »
It's so hard not to get your hopes up - folk come and rave, love the house, perfect etc etc - then nothing.

:fc: that all falls into place soon - but don't put your life on hold. Maybe selling and buying houses is like love - comes along when you aren't looking for it  :love:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:11:03 pm »
has it fallen through again? i thought you had sold!
ours is going on market early spring. we have already packed up so will have to unpack our xmas stuff again too.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:54:38 pm »
Some prospective buyer wants the property but I doubt they will buy it in the end, although it is just perfect in many ways for them, the last prospective buyer could not get a mortgage, he is a self employed potter....although again money is always the main issue with this big place........we put it back on the market and its been very busy, today one chap, a farmer as it happens, had to cancel but he's coming tomorrow, the big issue is, its hard to settle with people coming and going and now one of the perspective e buyers is on my Facebook....so I dare not say much at all......I think they have big ideas that will take years to fund!! Shygirl, did  you put it on the market at all? I was cross when the others pulled out as they were waiting on the bank to make a decision but we still had a move date, that was 16th Nove, so we refused custom in our guest house, I rang their solicitor to ask why the bank surveyor had not been around and it appears they forgot!! so that was why we were late re pulling out or completing the sale.....so now we are p ed off

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:46:13 pm »
Id like to get mine on the market in Spring, just dreading it though  :tired:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 07:47:46 pm »
I just do not understand anyone even thinking to offer for a house without having their finances in place first.  It's the first question I'd ask if I were an estate agent or lawyer.  And I certainly wouldn't even countenance any of these 'subject to' offers.  They are not properly constituted and it's a way of keeping their options open without having to commit.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:04:09 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 08:26:19 pm »
Sadly we were the same Anne, we had no idea we had to re apply when we were to continue with our mortgage just smaller....good job it all went wrong at the same time.......we are certainly doing things different now :innocent: .......We are with Nation Wide and they are the worse...the silly thing is our outgoings are big now and we have a large mortgage, our outgoings will be tiny with a different house yet they are being funny about how much we can borrow, although when I get my pension next year the amount we can borrow increases.....they said my self employed business is the house so when that goes so does my income, I get jobs coming in daily from the agency so I guess that's what I need to do, return to work  :innocent:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 08:38:25 pm »
I'm so glad I've been mortgage free since long before i retired - I hope you can get to that state soon. :fc:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 09:09:37 pm »
I was mortgage free when I was 42...... Then I sold and Steve had a mortgage, then we sold that to get this, luckily we can buy mortgage free again but we keep seeing houses for a bit extra than we have, we are able to borrow the amount we want but want to keep the numbers as low as possible otherwise its pointless moving#

Shygirl, I did wonder if you were being paid buy your tenant? that's sooooooo very,very bad, they are holding you back  :rant: :rant:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:22:53 pm by happygolucky »

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 10:26:11 pm »
My ex and I were mortgage free but when we parted, he ended up with a bigger share than he should have got by lying all the way through, even on the sworn affidavit. I now have a mortgage with another ten years to run. Not much fun when you're on a pension.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 07:51:58 am »
I was entitled to more as well, but in the end it worked out.  we will have enough money to get something on the same lines as what I started off with but they tend to sell quickly, we even thought about moving to Dunoon, some very pretty houses there and as Steve works in Glasgow a lot, then other major cities, it's not too bad for getting around, it all depends on what's around when we sell, in a way I am glad we did not buy the house we were after as there were a few things I did not like.  this will be the first house I have lost money on, but it's swings and roundabouts........off to do my cleaning now for the next viewing, they are cash buyers so better impress them :fc: :fc:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 02:29:52 pm »
apparently the next viewer a farmer has not had rent from his land etc since 1989 ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS