Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: .How is the knee jk ?  (Read 4725 times)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
.How is the knee jk ?
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:24:20 pm »
Can't see the thread about your knee jk , how is it today , did you get to a doc ?

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: .How is the knee jk ?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:50:48 pm »
Hi Rusty, thanks for asking.
I managed to delete thread by mistake, by pressing the wrong button while my screen was jumping about.

I did go to the docs, took one look at the balloon where my knee should have been and sent me straight to A&E. Sat there for hours. Meanwhile the phonecall came that the dreaded inspectors are coming in tomorrow.

Nearly crying in the waiting room from stress and pain, needed to get back to work, doctors on one speed - slow  :-\

Anyway, got a big splint and crutches, and an orthopaedic appointment on Mon (could have had one on Wed, but inspectors).

Apparently the X-rays are fine, so bones good but I've torn off the medial collateral ligament. Mon appt will tell whether any strands are left so it might potentially heal on it's own, or if the whole thing has torn off in which case surgery.

Already fed up of not being able to get about at my usual fast pace (being a hop-along and ADHD aren't the greatest mix)  :P

Probably won't be about for the next couple of days, cos inspectors. Wish us luck  :fc:

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 09:03:45 pm »
Yep , good luck with the ss .
Bugger about the knee though !
Given the choice , i would rather a break than a torn off ligament . Fingers crossed you don't need  the op mate , but be prepared for a long haul . You really do have my sympathy with this .
At school you may be able to set things up so you can hop about , same indoors , but out on the holding will be tough mate , take care .

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »
Poor you. Sounds nasty.  :hug: I hope it is going to heal on its own. Good luck with the inspectors.

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:15:16 am »
Best of luck with both inspectors and knee. Mine came the other way round. Inspectors Friday and bashed my knee yesterday(I thought of you when I did it) The d.... moose had smashed the horse fence and the horses had gone walk about. I took some pellets to coax them home and was wondering wether to take them along the sheet ice road or through the bushes. Fell over a grass tuffock but managed to save the pellets. THere I was groaning and feeling sorry for myself when I heard a tremendous thrashing through the bushes. Two hungry horses intent on the bucket. I rolled under the fence and hobbled home hoping they would respect the nonexistent electricity. They did and I got it all sorted out. In for a hot bath and a warm Ovaltine. Horse linament on my knee and an easy day today. Boy, how I feel with you Jay kay.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 08:04:00 am »
 :hug:  Best wishes Jaykay

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 08:45:32 am »
Ouch!! hop  :-J all goes well and you mend quickly!  I find if ever I am unwell or have an injury, you notice all the jobs that need doing!!!  Good luck :bouquet:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 11:20:10 am »
Only just seen this, didn't see the other thread, so wasn't aware you'd been injured.  :unwell:

Sounds horrid, do hope they can offer something better than strapping, rest and time. :fc:

Best of luck with inspection, not going to be easy getting about on your terrain in this icy weather with a bad knee!  Take care!

:hug: :-*
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 11:48:38 am »
not good will take some time to fix try and get some help till you get better .i had ligament replacement from a pig all fine naw took 2 months no walking 3 weeks .Keep safe hope all well pal

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 08:12:39 pm »
Thanks all  :)

Inspection going ok, not stunningly, but fine.

2-4" of snow forecast tonight, hard frost already. Which actually makes it easier getting about where there was mud - less so on concrete. Edging about gingerly.

Bloody inspection though. Been home very late two nights in a row now. 5 hens (5!) gone broody, one of the cats been sick, goats all being stroppy, dogs starving......Whatever the outcome I'll be glad when we get back to normal. And no hopping  ::)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 09:37:40 pm »
i had ligament replacement from a pig
wowwow, that's interesting!!!!
Keep your muscles strong and keep your knee warm until it stops hurting, then get an exercise programme going.....the muscle around your knee should be strong and so less strain

Bright Raven

• Joined May 2010
  • North Shropshire
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 10:13:49 pm »
Surreal JK, I work with SEBD kids and have a totally buggered knee - no cruciate or medial ligaments left at all and wearing a leg brace. I completely agree with you, not a good mix when you need to move fast.

Julia xxx 3 acres and a day job!!!! Chickens, Turkeys, Sheep, Pigs, Veggies and Homebrew. Husband, son, pets, chutney and music.
If I am here it's because I am putting my feet up!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 09:56:12 am »
Just realised you mean inspectors at school, not on the holding  :dunce:.  Best of luck anyway.

Did you get snow last night?  I am hoping to get across to Stanhope later today, I hear they just had rain there, as have we.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 06:28:33 pm »
Yes, school inspectors, two of them for two days  :P

Anyway, went well, which, given the bar has been raised so much this last time, is a relief.

Otherwise, just hobbling on.

Snowed this morning, disappeared during the day, snowing again just now, taking hay to the sheep, but it's very wet.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:23:46 pm by jaykay »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS