Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Feeling big love for Fell ponies  (Read 5291 times)

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Feeling big love for Fell ponies
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 03:57:54 pm »
They always say to only judge equine youngsters at 3 days, 3 months and 3 years as everything in between can be downright misleading or even fugly!

Thankfully even at a fugly age she looks lovely! so she should be an absolute stunner at 3! :thumbsup:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 10:27:48 pm »
It'd be great to see pics as she develops  :eyelashes:

And yes, we know ponies who've wowed judges as foals and at 1, then petered out to be very ordinary as adults.  And vice versa happens too, no doubt.

We've a Dales looks very like a Fell - a very experienced Dales man has mistaken her for a Fell! - but to me the flat broad face and short ears of a Fell is very distinct and Daleses look long-nosed and -eared to me.  No doubt Fells look thick-skulled and practically earless to Dales fans!

It is complicated by the fact that a great many top Fell breeders also breed Daleses, and vice versa...  :innocent:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Copeson

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 08:11:09 pm »
Love the fells also have a grey filly Bluemountain Sapphire   has the sweetest nature think the greys will be very popular next year with Murthwaite  Windrush winning HOYS  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS