Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hurt my ar$e ..... Owwwwwww  (Read 2910 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Hurt my ar$e ..... Owwwwwww
« on: November 16, 2013, 09:58:48 am »
Slammed my self into the saddle yesterday afternoon, think I've bruised my coccyx, I'm sore, just thought I'd let you know cos I'm getting no sympathy here, just come back from stables, tried to ride, ok in walk, can't trot at all, canter is bearable, and no I'm not going to rest it, I'm going to carry on shouting ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow as I ride which will either be very slowly, I.e. Ow.          Ow.          Ow.        Ow or very quickly I.e owiwowowowowowowow (dressage through the medium of ow, that's what that was, might help with my paces you never know)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Hurt my ar$e ..... Owwwwwww
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 10:06:00 am »
I would suggest a cushion down your breeches to protect your  coccyx......I would also suggested instead of going Ow ow ow (why do we all do that?) shout, YIPEEEEE...that makes one hell of a psychological difference and you WILL get attention!
The very last suggestion is to rest but sit on an inner tube or very plumped up cushions.....it must be very very painful! :bouquet:

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 02:49:22 pm »
I have a feeling you can break a bone in your coccyx and if so it would be very painful  May be some rest?  Or is that not possible?

ooohps  ..... just saw you are not going to rest it......  Well try some sympathy instead  xx :bouquet: xx
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:50:53 pm by darkbrowneggs »
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 03:44:50 pm »
Love the advert at the bottom of your post 
Ladies Sexy Lingerie
or is it just on my computer? :innocent:

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 04:55:26 pm »
Its vodaphone on mine

Boooo

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 04:58:02 pm »
Ouch! From a medical perspective (I used to be a radiologist) there is no difference in treatment if it is broken or not. Rest if you can, padding if you MUST get back in the saddle and regular analgesia. It will eventually get better!

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 06:21:58 am »
Rode yesterday on my new Heather Moffett seatsaver would definitely recommend one! Perhaps that would help or you could just strap a cushion to your ar$e. Hope it gets better soon
Anne

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 09:26:28 am »
Slammed my self into the saddle yesterday afternoon, think I've bruised my coccyx,

How's the horse? :innocent:

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 09:57:06 am »
That's cruel........

Horse is fine, don't think he even noticed (wasn't mine, was a school horse, very narrow & bouncy), it's better today, still sore but not as bad, if I could afford a seat saver I'd get one but my animal fund is now down to bare basics (food & welfare) after buying the cat tower so I'll have to wait till it builds up again

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 04:16:27 pm »
You could shout ' yes' instead of ow ! At least everyone would think you  were having fun ! , you may end up on some sort of register though .

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 05:19:43 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Re: .
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 06:35:56 pm »
You could shout ' yes' instead of ow ! At least everyone would think you  were having fun ! , you may end up on some sort of register though .

I'm on enough of those register things already

:roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS