Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rolls of fleece material  (Read 8369 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Rolls of fleece material
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 10:47:58 pm »
I find the supermarkets and cheap shops are hard to eat,

Sandy, I do love your typos. the other day you were finding green willies in your dustbin now you are trying to eat supermarkets.  :roflanim: :roflanim:

Keep going. You brighten my day up.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 11:11:14 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: , I think I must be true to my star sign, Gemini as I surprise myself quite often!!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 09:24:41 pm »
 :excited:

well i made a hoody for £3.60 - out of 3 pet blankets (£1 each) lined with 3 pillowcases (20p each).
the best thing about having 3 girls is that it will fit one of them with any luck...ha..if not the original victim  :roflanim:

cant do much about the paw print design tho... :roflanim:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 10:36:39 pm »
 :roflanim:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 09:30:51 am »
So whats wrong with dog print  ::)   ;) 

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 09:52:07 am »
i think its the bones and bowls, rather than the pawprints. i just hope no-one realises my daughters are wearing a dog bed.. :roflanim:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 10:24:41 am »
You are clever, I bought a cheap fleece throw in the sale, think it was £1.99, I folded it and made it into a dog bed cover...but it was much bigger than the dog ones I have seen, shops like B&M have some brilliant bargains, they also have packs of 2 fleece blankets, not too thick though, for £2.99.  I think, I did buy some before to give away with our puppy pack.......I have just bought 2 adult fleeces for less than £4 each from a charity shop and one is craighopper......

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 10:48:06 pm »
So long as your daughters keep quiet. When my children were children and we were desperately hard up, I was given several pairs of old but good curtains. Most of them I used wither as curtains or made covers, etc. One pair though, was made from terracotta fabric with big flowers. I thought it was rather pretty so I made myself some culottes - the first new clothes I had had in years. My darling daughter told everyone what I had done so I never did get to wear them.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 10:55:52 pm »
The best scene from gone with the wind is the one where they all get a new outfit from the curtains!! I used to make my daughters their Christmas outfits when they were very young...not really made much since!!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 09:41:55 am »
So long as your daughters keep quiet.

no - my youngest has adopted the jumper now - wears it everywhere and the fact its from a (new  :eyelashes:)  dog blanket is the height of conversation / humour.
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

they have skirts made from curtains too - some are actually really pretty.  ;D ;D ;D
once i trust my skills a bit more, i will get proper material. got some t-shirt material coming from ebay/
havent found a ribbing supplier yet tho....

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 10:02:22 am »
You are so clever....... :wave:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 11:26:09 am »
oh no, im a complete beginner. i thought id do a fashion course at the same time to keep the momentum up - i work better with deadlines ahead of me. i am the most unfashionable person around ..ha...
i inherited the machines so i thought i should use them. my mother was a seamstress but i never took any notice when i was younger as i was more interested in ponies. iv had so many questions i could have asked her but too late now. thanks god for the internet... :relief:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS