Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone seen this?  (Read 2988 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Anyone seen this?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 02:33:42 pm »
Oh, dear.

Can't blame the Council for selling if they can get a good offer, in these cash strapped times.

There is another article on the same page about vacant land being "made beautiful" by community groups with Council support. Just not this land!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 02:58:35 pm »
Yes, I agree, but the local residents were trying to clean the place up - surely there was a better way than the courts?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:58:48 pm »
You would hope so but when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object...

I'm sure court action wasn't the Council's first action. Council's don't generally like grief and bad publicity. In my experience.

Wellieboots

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 04:25:19 pm »
aye well that the greedy baskits at the cooncil for ye. As bad as bankers IMO.  >:(

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 06:40:14 pm »
As a former local government officer, I get a bit p*ssed off at the attitude that the general public have to "the cooncil". Yes, they make some poor decisions  and the unwelcome intrusion of party politics often gets in the way of decent debate, but generally officers are trying pretty hard to do the right thing and do the thing right. Sometimes in spite of the politicians.

Wellieboots

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 08:54:33 am »
informed general public. I did & unfortunately still do have to work with a number of LA's and did in the past work for the civil service so it is an informed opinion I'm making. LIke any large organisation there are always going to be difficulties, it is just that LA's seem to promote by ignorance not ability & career civil servants can sometimes be very much stuck in their box without any experience of the commercial work.

But, just my opinion..that's all.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 11:00:36 am »
 It's a national sport, slagging off the council. We just don't like paying council tax. However without the structure of education. refuse collection, old peoples home etc we would be well and truly stuffed. the councillors themselves are just working within the constraints placed upon them.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS