Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tomato plants not doing great?  (Read 7897 times)

spitfire

• Joined Apr 2009
Re: Tomato plants not doing great?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 09:08:09 pm »
Mixed results with us- new polytunnel so still experimenting but just ripped out the last of the toms- rotted away losing most of the tiny green tomatoes- managed to get one batch of green tomato chutney- will tell you in 3/12 if its worked or not.... potatoes seem to be fine- small amount with blight but otherwise nice eating- carrots- well out of the 100 seeds planted- we'll be lucky to harvest 7.
hey ho- global warming at its best- maybe we should be planting rice for next year?!! ;D
Lynne

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 04:36:03 pm »
Any red ones we have had I have kept and made a sauce to store in jars. The green ones were made into chutney and I still have a few smaller ones turning red. My butternut squash has improved and just maybe we might get a few. I thought of trying winter cabbage in the pollytunnel  as I doubt with our weather they would come to anything outside. My biggest failure has been my leaks, after reading more about them I have already started sorting out a bed for next Spring with rotted horse manure as it says leaks are a very greedy plant. anyway its been a fun experience and I am looking forward to next year already.

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 06:52:20 am »
The only thing we had success with here in Ireland this year was
Salad Leaves, Herbs, Apples and potatoes
everything else was very poor compared to previous years :(
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS