Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: When will it end?  (Read 4764 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
When will it end?
« on: November 04, 2013, 07:53:04 am »
Getting fed up now, poor Julie, dont know if you recall but spayed 7mnths ago, infected, wrong tablets, operation, non dissolvable stitches removed, more tablets, moan to original vet, get 90% money back! all fine and now guess what! it's healed externally but she's got another infection in there! poor thing! anyway off to the vets again this morning for more tablets! and she's got her head cone on again! it's getting me down! shoe seems fine, but I'm fed up with it now

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: When will it end?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:04:47 am »
 Poor Julie  :hug: ,  7 mnths is a  hell of a long time to have infections etc, no wonder you are fed up. Sound like her body rejected some thing from the op, maybe the dissolving stitches or a foreign body....If she looks well enough and is eating and sleeping etc, all you can do is keep up with her medication.   :fc:

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 10:00:21 am »
That's another £90  :gloomy:

3weeks antibiotics, cleaning fluid and creams

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:12:53 am »
I often wonder if you can get the stuff yourself, wonder what the cleaning stuff is?  although £90 is not too much I suppose ::) . My daughters dog has been loosing hair since being spayed and she has a similar bill due to being prescribed essential oils to put on the dogs food.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 11:40:50 am »
My daughters dog has been loosing hair since being spayed and she has a similar bill due to being prescribed essential oils to put on the dogs food.
This is idiopathic alopecia and is a recognised condition where bitches lose hair after being spayed. The skin in these cases is normal and the hair loss is due to hormonal reasons. There is no recognised treatment for this condition but there are no long term problems other than the cosmetic hair loss. So the essential oils and big vet bill won't make it come back in any quicker.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 11:58:57 am »
I won't let Julie read this post - I don't want her getting any more ideas just so she can go back to the vets for more cuddles

Got to go again tomorrow for the diazipan for bonfire night, tried them on Xanax over the weekend which has been next to useless, useless being the adaptil collars we tried the year before last

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 12:28:32 pm »
I hate fireworks full stop, our dogs do not blink an eye, they are bomb proof but will wake from a deep sleep if/when they hear me drop the roasting tin ::)  but its not them that worry me, its all the poor  other animals and dogs that are anxious and the cats, so many dogs run off this time of year, never understand how people get to use explosives legally  :thinking: , I am no kill joy but would like to see them banned unless its an organised event. 

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 12:41:47 pm »
Mmmmmmmm got me thinking

Mine are not gun dogs obviously, but maybe that's an idea, find a gun dog training place near me and get them used to gunfire over the next 12 months  ???

They could probably tell the difference though

Or I could just move to a field somewhere instead of being surrounded by retarded morons who think bonfire night starts on the 28th October and finishes on New Year's Day, hate them all.

When it comes to fireworks I agree they should be banned but this is a very selfish dog owner attitude and I know this, thus, my solution would be just to make the fuses much, much, much shorter, most of the idiots round here would pay more for the fireworks because they would enjoy the challenge, this would lead to natural selection and an inevitable improvement to the species and the area in which I live as it would become less populated and therefore much more palatable to me, my dogs, cats and other wildlife.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 12:45:38 pm »
Poor Julie.  :fc:  this gets sorted quickly.

I am a kill joy. Some fireworks scare me let alone the dogs. Saw one for sale the other day £40 ...... looked like a bomb  ::) . Who has that money to send up in smoke? What a waste. See ..... kill joy.

We are so far from the maddening crowd that we haven't seen or heard one in 4 years.  :relief:  My children are deprived.

Cross posted ... Alistair

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 01:00:08 pm »
I hate fireworks full stop, our dogs do not blink an eye, they are bomb proof but will wake from a deep sleep if/when they hear me drop the roasting tin ::)  but its not them that worry me, its all the poor  other animals and dogs that are anxious and the cats, so many dogs run off this time of year, never understand how people get to use explosives legally  :thinking: , I am no kill joy but would like to see them banned unless its an organised event.

Sign this - http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40401
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 04:26:17 pm »
Alprazolam usually works well for panic and severe anxiety.  What dose did u use and how did you use it? The dose can be repeated at a half dose after an hour if needed. I start dogs on a full dose at 2pm then a half dose 6hours later which can be topped up to a full dose after 15-30min if half dose not not effective enough. They don't have to swallow it just cruch it and rub it on the gums.

It has quiet a wide dose range of .01-.025 mg per kilo.
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 04:40:11 pm »
I know some breeds are more prone, forgot where I read the article, we were invited next door and as much as I love the company of their fiends and the sing along, I worry about the big fire works, I know he spends a  hell of a lot of money each year BUT, a couple have moved in to the flat that shares the garden and they have a little Staffie, it sounded like a war going on in our house so hope their dog was OK. We do not get too much bother considering its a built up area, when we lived in Leicestershire the fire works went on for weeks and weeks and in Leicester, as well as fire work celebrations, alarms kept going all night due to the shock waves. I love the idea of a big community display with nice food and music!

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 04:58:17 pm »
Funky fish, that's roughly how we use it, 3pm full dose, then half dose at 7 etc, diazipan worked last year but my new vet convinced me the Xanax was better, anyway they've had the Xanax now but will be on diazipan tomorrow , not tried alprazolam personally, I do like to try the dogs medication myself just to get a feel for it

(The last bit was a LIE, I DONT TRY THE DOGS MEDS, I HAVE ENOUGH Of MY OWN, DO NOT TRY YOUR DOGS MEDICATIONS, FOOD, BISCUITS OR ANYTHING ELSE, IT IS WRONG)

That's just in case I gave anyone any jdeas  :innocent:

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 06:00:11 pm »
Ha ha love it!:-)

If the xanax not working then its anxiety not panic which is good. Diazapam has a wide dose range as well and at the top anxiety dose it's an amnesiac as well which is useful.

The best treatment is systematic desensitisation started in n the spring to help for nxt year. The sounds sounds scary cds are good.
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS