Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lanark Rare Breed Sale  (Read 8716 times)

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
Re: Lanark Rare Breed Sale
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 05:15:56 pm »
He seemed fine, although he has now been castrated and been dosed up with selenium, cobalt, wormer, spot-on, precautionary anti-biotic and has been de-horned so is a touch cranky after that!!!

He is 2 years old, I was shocked when I saw his passport. We are assuming a twin, or orphan as he was not in great shape and I doubt he is a highlander, looks very charolais!

But then £105 isn't that bad for what he is!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 05:45:04 pm »
What's your plans for him? Any photos?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 07:22:21 pm »
wouldnt have guessed he was 2, looked under a year, poor chap must be in shock LOL, best of luck with him, highland x is very tasty LOL

Mandy

ps liked the look of the cow and calf next to him, calf looked very nice, bit wild though.

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 07:41:57 pm »
We tried forthe cow and calf but decided that she looked far older than 7, and not worth the price!

Doganjo - the calf is for the pot, but due to it's size, won't be for a while!!!
It'll be very tasty!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 08:01:33 pm »
I thought that the auctioneer said the calf was a year old but its feet told another storey,  glad it went to a good caring home. Sheep did a good trade Shetlands much better than previous years or so it seemed. Tried for a couple of black Shetland lambs but went a bit over my price. Came away with a pair of Scots Grey Bantams for some new blood. A good day out and a rest from work, looking forward to Stirling rare breeds.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 08:34:21 pm »
Normally we are very caring, but I doubt "jamsie cotter" will be thinking that of us today!

It is always a shock to them when they are moved and he got a rough deal from us after we treated him with every possible thing in one go!!

Jamsie cotter was rab c nesbitts friend and after I bandaged him up today with gauze and black insulating tape he just looks very stereotypically Glaswegian!!!!

I will try take a photo of him tomorrow!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS