Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Extreme long shot but need urgent help  (Read 1758 times)

littlelugs

• Joined Aug 2011
  • carmarthenshire
Extreme long shot but need urgent help
« on: November 03, 2013, 09:47:07 am »
Hey I know that this is a long shot but does anyone know of any person with a 6ft wide trailer that could move a dumper truck in the brynamman area?? The tough part is I need it moved today! The guy who was originally going to move it for us has let us down and I have a contractor here today and we need the dumper asap. I would just drive it up as its only got to be moved a mile but with my luck mr plod would catch me :( I would of course pay for diesel and time!

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Re: Extreme long shot but need urgent help
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 08:59:18 am »
Just tow it up the road, with your your tow  vehicle's number plate on it.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: Extreme long shot but need urgent help
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 04:40:49 pm »
You have to be careful with towing on a chain ,rope or cable .

I think that  since November last year ( 2013  ) towwing is now only allowed for immediate removal from danger off the carriage way unless it is on an approved set of rigid tow bars or dollies providing it is less that 750 Kg anything above that weight should have a braking system sympathetic to the tow vehicles system  . Everything else is supposed to be trailered .
 All towed stuff  is also supposed to have a light set mimicking the tow vehicle lights and indiactors etc. ,  have a proper compliant number plate & correctly placed legal signage such as warning triangles and an on tow sign .
 If you can only tow below a certain speed limit there is also the requirement for a flashing beacon as well .

Local to Ammanford cops  do pull towed equipment ..it's an easy cop . Our builder got done around 17.00 for towing a car on a thick 3 mtrs long rope behind his van in April this year .
He also got pulled in the day time during a different week by county council officials , he  got done for not being a licenced waste carrier &  carrying  unlicensed waste i.e. rubble  even though he had a skip in his yard to put it in . ( done to stop fly tippers evidently ) 
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS